Trieste, Aquileia and Grado bus tour
- Explore history, art and nature in Aquileia, a UNESCO Heritage Site
- Visit the evocative lagoon of Grado on the Golden Island
- Travel to these two cities on comfortable buses
- Rest your legs and tour the area aboard a comfortable bus
Depart from Trieste to explore Aquileia's UNESCO World Heritage site, a rich and flourishing city of the Roman Empire, famous for its port and defensive walls. Then experience the golden island of Grado and its evocative lagoon.
Enjoy a guided tour of the archaeological area, where you can see the excavations of the Roman forum, the river port, the late antiquity markets and an area of necropolis called “sepolcreto” (little tomb).
Visit the patriarchal basilica where the floor mosaic dating back to the 4th century AD is the largest in Europe. Admire the Crypt of the Frescos and Excavations, where you will discover the history of Christian Aquileia from the early centuries and the so-called Holy Sepulcher. Your tour will break for an hour of free time to taste a typical Italian lunch before driving toward Grado.
The Golden Island, is joined to the mainland by a thin strip of land and embellished by a maze of island that form its evocative lagoon. Visit the historic center, with its Venetian features, charming for its narrow streets and alleys lined with picturesque fishermen’s houses.
In the splendid setting of Campo dei Patriarchi in the old city you will admire the early Christian buildings of the Church of Santa Eufemia and the Church of Santa Maria della Grazie, the oldest of all Grado. At the center are the remains of the ancient settlement of the Church of Corte. Walking along the Nazario Sauro promenade you will enjoy a splendid view of the Karst, Trieste and the Istrian coast.
- Guided tour
- Entrance to Aquileia Cathedral and crypt
- Free Wifi
- USB charger
- Entrance fees
- Guided tour
- Transportation in air-conditioned vehicle
- Driver guide
Riva Tre Novembre n.3, 34136 Trieste TS
Board the bus at the Molo Audace, in front of Unità d'Italia Square. Look for the Hop on bus tours sign.
- It is required to dress properly for the entrance to the Cathedral: no shorts, sleeveless, low-cut or too-short dresses:
- Food and drinks are not allowed on the bus
- Animals: no animals. It is allowed access only to guide dogs for the visually impaired and visually impaired and to pets whose therapeutic support is certified (pet teraphy)
- Inside the Basilical Complex it is possible to take photos and shoot with a camera for amateur purposes, but without the use of a tripod
- Wednesdays at 9.00am
- From April to August
Enjoy a guided tour of Ljubljana aboard a comfortable new bus. Explore the vibrant city located in t...
Explore the heart of the Collio and Friuli aboard a new and comfortable bus to discover the art, the...
Discover Trieste in comfort, aboard a bus, exploing the most beautiful sights and attractions the ci...
Prosecco Origins will take you back in time to the XIV century to discover the history of world’s fa...
This panoramic tour will take you to discover the shores and countryside around the city of Trieste ...
The fortress-city of Palmanova, a UNESCO World Heritage site, is one of the most beautiful villages ...
Join this private walking tour led by a local guide to discover the beautiful city of Trieste from a...
Join this private walking tour led by a local guide to discover the beautiful city of Trieste. This ...
In 1869, the French Count Theodore La Tour and the Austrian Coutness Elvine Ritter von Zahony, gave ...
L'azienda agricola La Subida nasce in concomitanza con l’arrivo della famiglia Sirk nel paese di Cor...