Northern Lights Chase by minibus
- A personal and adventurous way to see the Northern Lights
- Tour includes everything from warm cloths to dinner and professional pictures
- Witness the Earth's most magnificent light show, the Aurora Borealis
Join this small group Northern Lights chase to maximise your chances of witnessing Earth's most magnificent light show from outer space, the Aurora Borealis. We are experts at finding clear sky and the Aurora even in the most challenging weather conditions with year in and year out a success rate of well over 90%!
The Aurora is always different however, which is why we believe joining two or more chases increases your chances of enjoying a particularly beautiful display. Northern Lights sightings cannot be guaranteed, but with the help of our expert guides and photographers, you will take home a memorable experience regardless. This all-inclusive tour will leave nothing to be desired. Everything from Snowsuit & boots, a warm dinner and professional pictures of you and your family are included. After picking you up at our shop, we will leave the city lights behind us and drive to where we expect the clearest weather conditions that night. On some nights this may lead us to the coast around Tromsø, on other nights we may drive all the way into Finland. Once we’ve found the clear sky, we will look for a scenic spot to set up our camp for the night.
Sometimes we see a faint greenish line across the horizon, sometimes it’s a bucket full of colors dancing in the sky. The Northern Lights appear on most nights, but they are not always strong, which is why we highly recommend joining several chases to increase your chances of seeing a good show. We will take pictures of the Northern Lights and you and share them with you after the trip. If you decide to bring your own camera, we will also help you set it up and teach you all you need to know to take home great shots of the Aurora and the stunning landscape around us.
This tour is specifically designed for those who are up for a real chase, which often involves traveling long distances and returning late. Our reward is an excellent success rate in finding a clear sky and catching the Northern Lights.
- Professional photographer guide
- Winter suit and snow boots
- A warm meal and hot drinks
- Pictures of the Northern Lights and you
- Manfrotto tripods (support up to 1.5 kg)
- Transport in minibus
- Free WiFi on board
- Hotel drop-off (in city centre)
For adults a discounted two-night or three-night option is available
At the time of booking, you will be asked to select your pick-up location (among those provided)
- Please make sure to provide additional information via the link that we send to you after booking
- Pictures often depict Northern Lights stronger than what we may see with our eyes
- We make toilet stops if possible, but sometimes we have to use nature
- Our tour operates in all weather conditions. We often see the best Northern Lights displays on nights with the worst forecasted weather conditions
- There are no refunds or free trips if we do not see the Northern Lights or if you fail to meet us at the meeting point on time.
- Regardless if the sky is clear or not, we may not see the Northern Lights
- This is a real chase and may include long hours of driving. The return time to Tromsø is between midnight and 04:00 and you may be tired the next morning
- From late March onwards the chances of seeing the Northern Lights will be lower compared to the rest of the season, due to the long daylight hours. However, even in April we are successful on most chases. Even though we provide snowsuits, it is recommended to dress warm.
- You may be tired the next morning
- This trip requires a minimum of 8 participants. In the rare event that a trip needs to be cancelled, a full refund will be provided. In such cases, we will also offer to reschedule your trip to an alternative trip.
- Departure time: Between 5.30pm and 6.00pm (exact times will be emailed to you on the morning of the tour).
- Return: Hotel drop-off (see list of eligible hotels here). Drop-off between midnight and 04:00
- Duration: 6-10 hours
Join this exciting bus tour to chase the magnificent Northern Lights. The tour is conducted in a spa...
Starting from the Tromso city center, travel through the Fjordlands, Laplands or the outer islands o...
There is so much life in the fjords in the winter time where seabirds, eagles, seals, and schools of...
Enjoy this fun adrenaline filled tour while explaining Tromsø’s history and sightseeing along the wa...
Choose the optimal way to maximize your chances of seeing the Northern Lights during our comfortable...
The Arctic is such a magical place, offering special moments through and around the fjords during th...
This Northern Lights Sailing Experience is a 3-hour excursion that gives you the opportunity to see ...
The Northern Lights is something all travelers should experience. Up in the far North, they know how...
Join us on an amazing Snowmobile Adventure that will lead us from Tromsø all the way to Finnish Lapl...
The classic Oslo Fjord sightseeing passes through idyllic bays and a maze of islands with small summ...