Take an early morning boat cruise on the sacred Ganges River and witness the locals' daily rituals. See the long string of ghats (steps) that line the river, where locals practice yoga and Hindus perform morning prayers before bathing in the river to wash away their sins. Come with an open heart and mind, and take away memorable things that you learn from this cultural exchange experience.
Ganges River boat tour
- Enjoy a boat ride on the holy river of Ganges River in Varanasi
- Learn more about the local's daily lives
- See locals practice yoga and Hindus perform morning prayers along the ghats
- Boat ride
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off in an air-conditioned vehicle
- Additional food and drinks
- Tips (optional)
- Children (age 12-17)
Pick-up from your hotel in Varanasi. The pick-up is only from city hotels (within 10km) and if guests wish to be picked up in the outskirts there will be a supplement to be paid on site.
During booking, you will be asked to provide your pick-up address. Please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator whose contact information can be found in the voucher after booking.
- This tour is unsuitable for children under 12 years old
- Please bring a water bottle, wear a cap and sunglasses
- For cultural (and religious) reasons it is strongly recommended to wear full-length trousers and half/full sleeve tops
- Check with your tour guide for specific instructions
- Please re-confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local partner at least 48 hours prior. You can find their contact information in the voucher after booking
- Daily except in monsoon season (16 June till 16 August every year)
- Cruise starts at 5.00am or 5.30am