Cicchetti and wine tour of Venice
- Learn Venice through its bars and taverns
- Discover the delicious range of local cicchetti dishes on this Venice tour
- Experience the buzz of Italian Bacari wine bars
- Ride a traghetto gondola into the Rialto area
- Sample local wines and fresh Venetian cuisine
- Get a history lesson while sipping wine
Join this best selling Venice tour to experience Venetian culture in the form of local food specialties and regional wines. With your local guide, you will stop off at Bacari wine bars and try some of the city’s famous specialties, from plates of olives, to marinated seafood served on wedges of soft polenta. It’s the Italian way!
You’ll start this Venice food tour from Campo de la Maddalena, a small raised square that has remained the same since medieval times, and is famous for its modest houses topped with interesting chimneys. Call into the old historical inn, a much loved bar that specialises in cicchetti, for your first taste of this Venice tapas. Learn all about the long history of this atmospheric bar from your local guide as you feast on some of its specialties.
You’ll continue by walking into Strada Nuova and calling in to another old historical bar which has been open since the 18th century and is famous for its ‘polpette’, or spicy fried meatballs. From there, you’ll head to Campo de Santa Sofia and jump on a traghetto to cross Canal Grande into the Rialto area. Traghetti are like gondolas, but they're used as passenger ferries instead - no sitting or singing here - this is how locals get across the canals!
Pay a visit to a true local Venice attraction - the local market, before heading to yet another bar in the centre of Venice, a hole-in-the-wall place that serves a simple but delicious selection of cicchetti and great regional Italian wines and proseccos. The tour then comes to an end on the steps of the Rialto Bridge, where you can head back to one of your new favourite bars, or your local guide will be happy to point you in the direction of your accommodation.
- Local English-speaking guide
- Traghetto gondola crossing (weather permitting)
- Rialto food market visit (morning tour only)
- Food and wine as indicated
- Travel advice for your days in Venice
- Items of a personal nature
- Tips or gratuities for guide
Campo della Maddalena, Cannaregio
- Children 0-5 years old are not permitted on this tour
- There may be a change of itinerary according to opening times of bars and restaurants along the way depending on how crowded they are
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
- At 05.15pm
Les maîtres verriers de la cathédrale de verre - Santa Chiara (Glass Cathedral) présentent un show s...
Le Palais des Doges (Palazzo Ducale) a représenté pendant des siècles le siège du pouvoir politique ...
Cette visite privée de Venise est idéale si vous effectuez un séjour rapide dans la ville et que vou...
C'est une visite combinant 4 des visites les plus populaires de Venise et le meilleur moyen de tout ...
Faites votre chemin à travers les ruelles étroites de Venise, en vous arrêtant pour goûter quelques ...
Impara i segreti ed i trucchi dei più famosi piatti della cucina veneziana e assaggia il frutto del ...