Secret Venice: Gondola Ride and Walking Guided Tour in English or French
- Experience Venice through a different point of view
- Explore Venice without the crowds and at your pace
- End your tour with an enchanting gondola ride
- Admire the canals of the city in a romantic way
Step away from the crowds of tourists and see the off the beaten path Venice has to offer. You will explore the less seen and more romantic side of Venice on the other bank of the Grand Canal in the district of Dorsoduro through our Walking Tour. This fascinating place is often overlooked by most travelers and here you will experience the true Venetian culture and discover the back canals by gondola. Relax as we arrange all the details for you eliminating your stress so you can fully enjoy magnificence of Venice.
You will see on this tour:
- Academy of Fine Arts
- Ponte delle Meraviglie (Bridge of Wonders)
- Campo san Trovaso
- The Squero (Gondola workshop)
- Hotel La Calcina
- Fondamenta degli Incurabili
- Peggy Guggenheim Collection
- Ca’ Dario
- Redentore Church and Giudecca Island
- Punta della Dogana
- Church of the Madonna della Salute
Follow your expert English-speaking guide through the quieter streets and piazzas of Venice on this Walking Tour. Your guide will bring the streets of Venice to life with captivating stories such as the cursed and hunted house of Ca’ Dario. It is said that those who own the house have all had suspicious deaths...
You will also learn why music schools are called ‘conservatories’ at Fondamenta degli Incurabili and about the hospital where monks took orphans from the streets and trained them as nurses and world-famous musicians. At the Redentore Church, your guide will give you detailed description of the festivals that flowed from here to Piazza San Marco. How the gondolas filled every inch of the canals for elaborate firework shows and the local legends of the city. You will also see Harry’s Bar across the canal where Ernest Hemmingway once kicked back after a long day of writing. You will pass by the home of Peggy Guggenheim, the heiress who lost her father to the Titanic. Ever heard of Othello? You will see the house where Desdemona supposedly lived before her tale was transcribed by an Italian author and stolen by a man named William Shakespeare.
This tour ends with an enchanting gondola ride along the quieter back canals of Venice. Relax as a gondolier, in his ubiquitous striped shirt, takes you along waterways built for these very vessels. With a maximum of six people per shared gondola and no commentary your experience will be quiet and romantic.
Choose between a morning (8.45am) or a sunset (6.30pm) departure.
- Expert English-speaking guide for the walking portion of the tour
- 35 minute shared gondola ride (mixed group of up to 6 pax)
- Small groups of 24 people or fewer
- Headsets when appropriate, so you can always hear your guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Children: 0-14 years old reduced
Fondamenta Salute, 30123 Venezia VE, Italy
In front of the white marble Accademia di Belle Arti (Venetian Academy of Fine Arts) near the Accademia Bridge and the Accademia vaporetto (waterbus) stop.
- This service ends at Santa Maria del Giglio Gondola point in Campiello Traghetto near the Gritti Palace hotel, San Marco side. As this is different than the departure point, please consult a map before your departure.
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking and bridges; comfortable shoes are recommended.
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours.
- Please note that the Gondola ride cannot operate during heavy rain or adverse weather conditions. In this case either an alternate date or a partial refund will be provided to clients.
Morning tour (08.45am) available on Tue, Wed, Fri, Sat
Meeting time: 08:30am
Departure time: 08:45am
Sunset tour (06:30pm) available on Sun, Wed, Sat
Departure time: 06:30pm
Make your stay in Venice unforgettable with a dinner show evening at the magical and unique Theatre ...
The glass masters of The Glass Cathedral - Santa Chiara present a spectacular show dedicated to both...
The Doge's Palace (Palazzo Ducale) represented for centuries the seat of the Venetian political powe...
This Museum, dedicated to the thought and works of Leonardo da Vinci, is situated in the heart of Ve...
This private tour of Venice is the perfect one for you if you have limited time to spend in the city...
Durata: 3 ore circa Minimo partecipanti: 2 persone Tariffa: Euro 84,00 a persona - Pranzo o cena con...