St. Mark's Basilica and its treasure guided tour
- Skip the long lines waiting to enter the gilded interior of St. Mark's Basilica
- Experience St. Mark's Basilica in small groups
- Enjoy the quietness of the charming Zen Chapel
- Marvel at the famous Treasury and the Golden Pall
St Mark’s Cathedral and its Treasures will make you feel privileged from the beginning of our St Mark's Basilica tour: seated at the centre of the Basilica, you will listen to the thousand-year history of the building, the stages of its construction and its rise from a simple church for the Doge’s Palace to Venice cathedral.
After the historical introduction of St Mark's Basilica in Venice, the tour will continue with a visit to St Mark’s Baptisteryand the Zen Chapel in Venice, two little-known beautiful places…
St Mark’s Baptistery in Venice is decorated with fourteenth-century mosaics depicting stories of the Baptist and childhood of Christ; at the centre of the baptistery you can admire the beautiful baptismal font and the tombstone of Jacopo Sansovino, and one of the finest examples of Gothic sculpture in Venice: the tomb of Andrea Dandolo.
The itinerary of the tour of St. Mark's Cathedral and its treasures will then continue with a visit to the Zen Chapel in Venice, which can be visited only with our thrilling tour and usually inaccessible to everyday visitors of the Basilica…Converted into a chapel in honour of Cardinal Zen, this place is the old entrance to the Basilica on the pier side. Although the Zen Chapel in St Mark's Cathedral is a splendid example of Renaissance art, the mosaics inside date back to the previous monumental entrance of the church.
Our exclusive visit to St Mark's Basilica treasury, generally not included in the regular guided St. Mark's basilica tours, will be the next stop on our itinerary. St Mark's Venice treasury is housed in a tower, in two rooms that are the only remains of the first Doge’s Palace in Venice. In the right room you can admire magnificent liturgical objects, while the left room houses the extensive collection of the relics of St. Mark's Basilica: the guide will pay special attention to the most relevant objects from the artistic and religious point of view.
The last part of the tour, the visit to the Pala d'Oro, is undoubtedly one of the most exciting moments of our tour of St Mark's Basilica in Venice: the Pala d'Oro is one of the greatest treasures of St. Mark's Basilica, and is considered one of the most valuable objects in the world. The Golden Pall is made up of silver gilded leaves and decorated with enamels, made with the technique of émail cloisonné, and precious stones. It was completed in 1345 by the great goldsmith master Buoninsegna. St. Mark’s Pala d'Oro is the backdrop to the altar of St Mark’s Basilica, but is not always visible! In fact, it is rotated to the public only on the occasion of the major liturgical celebrations, thanks to a special device.
- Skip-the-line access to St Mark's Basilica
- Guided tour
- Ticket to visit Treasure
- Access to Zen Chapel (if there is no high tide)
- Access to St. Mark's Baptistery
- What is not specified under "Inclusions"
- Children from 6 to 12: reduced
- Children up to 5: free
Piazza San Marco, 328, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
From 1 April to 31 October Venetoinside Info Point in front of St. Peter's door at St Mark's Basilica (looking at the Basilica façade, St. Peter's door is located on the left of the main gate).From 1 November to 31 MarchIn the atrium at the central entrance of St. Mark's Basilica - Cross the main gate and enter the porch (do not wait in the regular queue to access the building). The meeting point is inside, right in front of the second gate that leads to the interior of the Basilica.
- Not exchangeable and not refundable ticket
- In cases of special occasions in St Mark's Basilica, the tour might not take place.
- Access to the Basilica is only permitted to visitors with suitable attire (no shorts or vest or tops) and backpacks are not allowed for safety reasons
- This is a collective tour
- From Tuesday to Saturday
From 1 April to 31 October 2017:
- English from Tuesday to Saturday 11.00 am, 12.15 pm, 1.45 pm, 4.00 pm
- Italian Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday 10.00 am, 3.00 pm
- French Wednesday, Friday 10.00 am, 3.00 pm
From 1 November 2017 to 31 March 2018
- English Tuesday, Thursday 10.30 am || Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday 11.45 am
- Italian Saturday 10.30 am || Tuesday 11.45 am
- French Wednesday, Friday 10.30 am
Make your stay in Venice unforgettable with a dinner show evening at the magical and unique Theatre ...
The glass masters of The Glass Cathedral - Santa Chiara present a spectacular show dedicated to both...
The Doge's Palace (Palazzo Ducale) represented for centuries the seat of the Venetian political powe...
This Museum, dedicated to the thought and works of Leonardo da Vinci, is situated in the heart of Ve...
This private tour of Venice is the perfect one for you if you have limited time to spend in the city...
Durata: 3 ore circa Minimo partecipanti: 2 persone Tariffa: Euro 84,00 a persona - Pranzo o cena con...