- Visit St.Mark’s Basilica with the skip the line ticket and its museum from a different perspective
- Climb up to the Cathedral's lodge to see St. Mark's square from above
- Enjoy a unique bird’s eye view of the wonderful St. Mark's Square
Get the unique opportunity to visit St.Mark’s Basilica, the connected museum and the nearby area from a different perspective, enjoying a unique bird’s eye view of the wonderful St. Mark's Square in Venice. Walk into one of history's most beautiful cathedrals, and explore away from the big crowds. Learn how the monumental structure was constructed, then climb up to the Cathedral's lodge, where you can see St. Mark's square from above. Marvel at St. Mark's bronze horses which used to adorn the hippodrome of Constantinople, the symbol of St. Mark's Cathedral. This tour features all of the most beautiful points of St. Mark’s Museum and Cathedral while giving you a unique and wonderful vantage point. See this Venetian masterpiece from above and discover its true beauty.
The tour starts at St. Mark’s Museum. Scale models show how the Basilica was originally built, and you’ll see how it appeared to visitors and worshippers in years past. St. Mark’s Cathedral is famous for its mosaics, and you’ll have ample time to admire them and see how they were crafted with the help of panels illustrating the time-honored techniques and a presentation. This will be a more private presentation that will take place away from crowds, later in the tour.
Next is on to the beautiful ancient hall of the Venice Doge’s Palace. This palace houses ancient tapestries that were used in the Cathedral during important liturgical celebrations. A tour that includes magnificent works of art like the mosaics and tapestries would not be complete without a visit to the 4 gilded bronze horses. These are Hellenic Greek masterpieces and are the symbol of the Cathedral. The grand finale of the tour is in the Cathedral’s lodge. Admire St. Mark’s Square from above; get a beautiful, panoramic view. The guide describes all the main buildings that surround this, Venice’s most famous square.
This unique tour will guide you through the most beautiful points of St. Mark’s Museum and Cathedral while giving you a unique and wonderful vantage point. See this majestic Venetian artwork from above, feeling the emotions of a unique panoramic view and discovering its charming beauty.
- Guided tour
- St. Mark's Museum entry
- Skip the line access to St Mark's Basilica
- Children from 6 to 12 years: reduced
- Children up to 5 years: free
Piazza San Marco, 328, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
In front of St Peter's Door at St Mark's Basilica
- Please arrive at the meeting point at least 10 minutes before the tour departure time.
- Access to the Basilica is only permitted to visitors with suitable attire (no shorts or vest or tops); backpacks are not allowed for safety reasons.
- The Procuratoria di San Marco reserves the right to PROHIBIT access to the basilica at any time and without notice for reasons of force majeure or safety.
- In cases of extra liturgical ceremonies, exceptional high tides or other special occasions, access to St Mark's Basilica may not be permitted and therefore the tour will not take place.
- No credit or refunds will be given in the case of a no-show.
- This is a collective tour, which means there might be other participants on the tour with you.
- Wheelchair users and those with mobility difficulties may not be able to access the whole tour.
- The tour is bilingual English/Italian, so explanations are provided in two languages if the audience provenience is mixed.
- Only from April 1st to October 31st
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
- At 10.00am
- At 01.45pm
The Doge's Palace (Palazzo Ducale) represented for centuries the seat of the Venetian political powe...
The gondola is one of the main symbols of Venice, as emblematic of the famous water city as mysterio...
Explore the Most Romantic City in the World Onboard a City Sightseeing Red Boat!There are about 97 c...
Experience an exclusive and romantic 30-minute private gondola ride on the canals of Venice. Discove...
Take a walk outdoors (no entries) through the most characteristic and important places for the histo...
Embark on a gondola ride through the Grand Canal where you will see wondrous beauty and culture in e...
Your Venice ghost walking tour features a delightful sightseeing route through the Hidden Venice, th...
Venice Shuttle is a fast shared boat service from Marco Polo Airport to Venice center and vice versa...
Even though Venice is a relatively safe city, murders take place all over the city in the stories wr...
Get ready for a great overview of Venice. Travel into the history of one of world's most beautiful c...