- History and legends behind Marco Polo's life in Venice
- Visit the Corte del Milion, the former residence of Marco Polo
- Leisurely cruise to admire the city’s beauty from the water
- Live demonstration from a master glassblower in Murano
Take a walk through the city of Marco Polo and jump back to Venice during medieval time! You'll start visiting Palazzo Loredan, once the house of seven Doges of Mocenigo Family and nowadays Institute of Science, Literature and Arts, where you will admire some details of interior architecture of the palace as well as its bust collection including the most important characters of Venice.
Walking through hidden “calli” (Venetian narrow alleys) you'll then reach the “Corte del Milion” and the house where Marco Polo lived. Nowadays the Marco Polo’s House, totally renovated in 1993, hosts the Malibran Theatre. During its restoration, archeologists found many important objects belonged to the Polo family including a rare purple glass produced in Murano in the 1300 B.C.
After a short walk you'll reach the Rialto Market where an entire area named “Erbaria” was specifically dedicated only to the spices imported from Asia and from the rest of the world by Marco Polo and by Venetian traders. Here you will discover how the prices of spices and fish were calculated in the past.
Aboard a private water taxi, travelling through part of the Grand Canal and smaller canals, you'll then reach Murano Island and visit a glass factory where an expert glass master, with the same ancient technique used in the past, will create in front of you a copy of the purple glass of Marco Polo. Tour ends in Murano Island.
- Guided walking tour of Venice
- 20-minute Grand Canal cruise
- Live glassblowing demonstration in Murano with a gift
- 20% discount at the glassblowing shop
- Drinks or food
- Free of charge: child under 6 years old (max 1 child per adult)
Памятник Никколо Томмазео, Campo Santo Stefano, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
Santo Stefano Square by the Statue of Nicolò Tommaseo in the middle of the Square
- Check-in is 20 minutes prior to the booked tour start time
- A minimum of two people is required
- You should wear comfortable walking shoes
- This tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, at 9.30am
- Tour does not operate from December 21st to January 6th
Erlebe das ruhigere Venedig, weg von den touristischen Plätzen. Nutze die abendlichen Stunden, um da...
Entdecken Sie Venedig und die zwei kleinen Inseln einschließlich der interessantesten Sehenswürdigke...
Genießen Sie diese Weinprobe in einer typischen Bar in Venedig und fühlen Sie sich wie in einem Wein...
Venedig kann eine fast tausendjährige Geschichte der Textilproduktion vorweisen. Die Tour beginnt in...
Es wird geschätzt, dass im 17. und 18. Jahrhundert 8.000 - 10.000 Gondeln auf den Kanälen von Venedi...
Vivi la tua esperienza di guida in pista, diventa tu il pilota per un giorno alla guida dell'auto de...