Venice food tour: Rialto market and cicchetti tasting with wine
- Stop at a neighborhood butcher, bakery, and one of the oldest spice stores in the world
- Taste local wines and cicchetti, Venice's answer to the Spanish tapas
- Take in the smells and tastes of the historic Rialto fruit and vegetable market and the fish market
- Cross the Grand Canal by gondola with your guide to explore Cannaregio
With intimate groups of 15 people or fewer we don’t just want you to eat well for a day, we want to show you how to eat like a Venetian for your entire stay.
We’ll start by visiting the twin hearts of Venice’s food scene; the Rialto Fruit and Vegetable Market and the Rialto Fish Market. As you peruse the overflowing aisles, your guide will explain how ancient trade routes and a strong maritime history have shaped the diets of Venetians; and how they still get the freshest fish from the Mediterranean.
All this talk of food will make you hungry so we’ll be sure to sample sumptuous local wine and cicchetti along the way. On this side of the Grand Canal, you’ll stop at two of Venice’s most popular local bars. The cicchetti is Venice’s answer to the Spanish tapas and includes local delicacies like crostini (bread with delicious toppings like whipped cod) and Venetian panini (technically sandwiches, but so much more). At each bar your guide will help you to choose two of the best cicchetti and of course a glass of wine, Prosecco or spritz to wash it down.
Next you’ll board a gondola to cross the Grand Canal to Cannaregio. Once known as the Jewish Ghetto and surrounded by walls to keep residents in, Cannaregio is a favorite among locals today for its great food scene, beautiful streets and piazzas and its much more relaxed vibe away from the tourist route.
In fact, we bet you’ll be shocked to learn just how much of Venetian food (and Italian food as a whole) has been influenced by the Jewish community. Our adventure continues as we embark on a short stroll across bridges and piazzas of Cannaregio.
Your tour culminates in a stop at our favorite Venetian restaurant; a friendly and atmospheric neighborhood trattoria. Here you’ll be warmly greeted by the host and served a plate of the day’s pasta special, washed down of course, with another glass of wine.
Rialto fruit and vegetable market
Rialto fish market
Local cicchetti bars
One local restaurant
Grand Canal/Rialto Bridge
- All food tastings at the different bacari
- Get to taste the local prosecco, spritz and wine
- Short local Gondola Ride to cross the Grand Canal
- Tasting of typical Venetian food at a local restaurant
- Expert local tour guide
- Small groups of 15 people or fewer
- Hotel Pick-up/Drop-off
- Infants (0-3): free (no reservation required)
- Children (4-12): reduced price
Sestiere S. Polo, 122, 30125 Venezia VE, Italy
The meeting point is at the central fountain of Campo San Giacomo di Rialto (Campo San Giacometto).Campo San Giacomo di Rialto is located just to the west of the Rialto Bridge, towards the Rialto Market. The closest vaporetto stop is the "Rialto Mercato" stop.
- For those with food allergies or other special requirements, please notify us prior to reserving your visit and then again, as soon as you meet your tour guide. We will do our very best to accommodate you and find suitable alternatives.
- Meeting time: 10.15am
- Departure time: 10.30am
Duration: 3 hours
Come with us on a delicious 4-hour food experience around the Rialto bridge and market area in the c...
At more than 1,500 years old, Venice is filled with unique culture and history. The Hard Rock Cafe, ...
Enjoy this wine tasting in a typical Venice bar and feel just like in a wine yard: you will taste fo...
Book a private lunch or dinner in the heart of Venice, attend the show cooking and discover the flav...
Enjoy a gondola ride through Venice canals and a romantic dinner in a typical Venetian restaurant.Ta...
A professional tasting in the famous "Dai Do Cancari": welcoming wine bar, run by Venetians, in the ...
We’ve all heard about wine and food tastings, but how about a chocolate tasting? From Monday to Satu...
Sit on "Al Todaro" beautiful terrace and experience Venice like a local! Enjoy a Venetian coffee or ...
It is estimated that there were 8-10 thousand gondolas operating on the canals of Venice during the ...
This Museum, dedicated to the thought and works of Leonardo da Vinci, is situated in the heart of Ve...