Venice tour with Saint Mark's Basilica and Doge's Palace skip-the-line tickets
- Avoid the public queues with our special skip-the-line pass
- Visit the Golden altar and cross over the bridge of Sighs
- Pass through the new prisons of the Doge's palace
- Fully licensed English speaking guide
On this combined walking tour in Venice you will skip-the-line and enter into two of the most important buildings in the city of Venice, Saint Mark's Basilica followed by the Doge's Palace, pass over the bridge of Sighs into its new prison cells. See the fascinating history of La Serenissima and discover what it is like to live in this unique city!
You will enter inside Saint Mark's Basilica, which majestically symbolizes the lagoon and enshrines the city’s history and Saints relics. With its awe – inspiring gold mosaics your talented guide will walk you through to one of the main highlights of the Saint Mark's Basilica, the “Pala d’Oro” (Golden altar), with masterpieces by generations of Venetian Goldsmiths, universally recognized as one of the most refined and accomplished works of Byzantine craftsmanship and the most precious treasure in the Saint Marks Basilica.
The tour then continues to The Doge's Palace "Palazzo Ducale", a magnificent combination of Byzantine, Gothic and Renaissance architecture, the centre of the Venetian Empire and the seat of the Venetian Government. It was once the residence of the Doge, the elected ruler of the city. Listen to our informative guide as you pass through its lavish chambers, which display masterpieces by Tintoretto, Titian and Veronese. Hear about the different roles played by the Doge and his counsellors, be entertained by our informative guide and learn about the history of the Venetian legends as you walk through the eerie, narrow passageways towards the prison cells whilst learning about the prisoners and of course, Casanova, perhaps Venice's most famous and intriguing escapee.
- Guided tour in English
- Audio headset when more than 10 people in a group
- Entrance fees to the Pala D'oro
- Skip-the-line and entrance fees into Saint Mark's Basilica and the Doge's Palace
- Optional gratuities
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Food and drink
- Does not include the upper floor of the Basilica
- Child (aged 0-5) Free
S. Marco, 1105, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
Clock Tower. Look for our assistant who will be holding a bright orange umbrella and a sign.
- Maximum group size of 25 people
- This activity operates rain or shine
- This is a combination tour, you will not stop between tours
- Shoulders and knees must be covered in the Basilica
- Backpacks are not allowed inside the Basilica and Doge's Palace, lockers are available on site
- If you wish to spend more time inside the Doge's Palace independently after the tour your museum pass will allow you to do so
- At the end of the tour, keep your Doge's Palace ticket to visit: Museo Correr, Museo Archeologico Nazionale and Monumental Rooms of the Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana in Saint Mark's square
- Mondays to Saturdays at 11.15am
- Sundays at 2.00pm
The Doge's Palace tourThe Palazzo Ducale represented for centuries the seat of the Venetian politica...
The gondola is one of the main symbols of Venice, as emblematic of the famous water city as mysterio...
Excursion to the Venetian Lagoon for the visit of islands famous for the handcrafts: Murano for the ...
Experience an exclusive and romantic 30-minute private gondola ride on the canals of Venice. Discove...
Get a glimpse of what Venice really used to be like. Escape the chaos of crowds of tourists and visi...
Embark on a gondola ride through the Grand Canal where you will see wondrous beauty and culture in e...
On this truly unique and magical one hour gondola guided tour of Venice’s waterways, you will be gua...
Enjoy a journey to immerse yourself in the ancient art of Murano glass making. Your tour will begin ...
At more than 1,500 years old, Venice is filled with unique culture and history. The Hard Rock Cafe, ...
Get ready to explore Venice Lido onboard awesome sportbikes! Move throughout the beaches, among offr...