- Discover the charming old town of Verona: World Heritage Site by the Unesco
- Skip the line to the magnificent Arena Roman Amphitheatre (an alternative visit to Juliet's House will be provided in case the Arena is closed due to events)
- Walk past famous landmarks referring to the Shakespearean masterpiece Romeo & Juliet
Don’t miss the chance to visit the elegant and charming city of Verona from Venice and to relive the greatest romance of all times, on the footsteps of Romeo and Juliet.
You'll soak in the romantic atmosphere and with your expert guide, you'll relive Verona’s fascinating past, as the city has been inhabited for 2000 years with no interruptions. Because of its beautifully preserved old town and architecture from its origin as a Roman settlement to the Middle Ages and Renaissance, the city has been declared a World Heritage site by Unesco.
You'll feel as if traveling in the past by walking along the walls of Castelvecchio, an impressive, beautifully preserved Medieval castle with its dominating towers and bridge walls. This fortress is an important reminder of the role of the Scaligeri family in Verona, who stayed in power in the city for over 100 years. During the tour, you'll see other landmarks related to this powerful dynasty, such as the monumental family mausoleum and other administrative Palaces, such as the Palazzo della Ragione.
You'll visit the icon and stunning Arena: a nearly 2000-year old Roman Amphitheatre and the best preserved of its kind, thought to be older than the actual Colosseum in Rome. You'll access the Arena with skip-the-line tickets, so that you'll have plenty of time to admire its corridors, perfectly oval shape and interiors.
No tour of Verona would be complete without a visit to the famous courtyard of Juliet’s House, which hosts the statue of Juliet and from which we can see Juliet’s balcony.
You'll cover the most significant landmarks of the city, such as the monumental Porta Borsari, an ancient Roman City Wall and the stunning Piazza delle Erbe.
Now it's time to enjoy the city at your own pace: Verona offers a variety of shops as well as restaurants, cafes overlooking its iconic squares, where you can enjoy a very special evening, soaking up the atmosphere of this beautiful city.
- Skip the line Verona Arena (or Juliet's House in case the Arena is closed due to events)
- High-speed train return tickets
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Child (2-14 years old): reduced
- Infants (0-1 years old): free
Venezia Santa Lucia Train Station, 30100 Venezia VE, Italy
At Venezia Santa Lucia train station, facing the main entrance of the station, the meeting point is located on the stairs on the far left just outside the entrance
- This service ends outside Venezia Santa Lucia train station
- Gratuities to guides providing excellent service are appreciated
- Please note that kids between 0-1 years old don't have a reserved seat in the train
- Your City Wonders coordinator will be wearing a blue City Wonders polo shirt or jacket for easy recognition
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking; comfortable shoes are recommended
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours
- Please note that, in case of special events held at the Arena, we will provide an alternative itinerary visiting Juliet's House
- We recommend that customers who are not familiar with Venice give themselves ample time to find meeting points
- City Wonders reserves the right to refuse participation on its tours to any guest under the influence of drugs or alcohol or to any guest whose behavior is disorderly, or poses a threat to other guests or City Wonders staff
Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday
- Meeting Time: 1.50pm
- Departure Time: 2:05pm
A great experience that will bring you to know the manufacture and glassblowing art. In front of you...
Meet your local guide in center of Venice and with a short walk of 15 minutes through hidden streets...
We start in the world-famous St. Mark’s Square, taking a moment to appreciate the space before divin...
Enjoy this wine tasting in a typical Venice bar and feel just like in a wine yard: you will taste fo...
Venice can boast a story of textile production which is almost one thousand years old. The tour star...
Vivi la tua esperienza di guida in pista, diventa tu il pilota per un giorno alla guida dell'auto de...