- See the former concentration camp Mauthausen-Gusen
- Follow an audioguide tour through the Memorial
Mauthausen concentration camp in Upper Austria was one of the largest labour camp complexes in the Third Reich. Between 1938 and 1945 about 200,000 people from all over Europe were imprisoned in Mauthausen. About half of them lost their lives. Today, Mauthausen Memorial stands as a reminder of the darkest days of Austria’s history.
Become acquainted with the history of Mauthausen Memorial during the 2,5-hour ride from Vienna. Listen to your guide explaining the historical context and learn about life at Mauthausen concentration camp before its liberation in May 1945. Upon arrival at the Memorial explore the preserved historic premises at your own pace with audio-guides (available in 11 major languages). See the Wiener-Graben quarry, the Stairs of Death, the SS-Quarters, the Camp Prison, the Gas Chamber and visit the newly re-opened Mauthausen Museum.
Heading back to Vienna stop at a local restaurant for lunch (own expense). Your tour concludes at the Vienna State Opera House.
CO2 certificates to offset the tour's carbon emissions are included in the tour price.
Honor the victims by learning about this crucial period in history. We donate a percentage of the tour’s profit to the Memorial.You have to come to the meeting point, but a contribute of up to 12,00 Euro to reach the meeting point is included in the tour price.
Attention: the tour departs only if at least two participants are registrated.
- Transfer to Mauthausen Memorial from Vienna and back
- Admission to Mauthausen Memorial
- Self-guided tour of the camp with audioguide
- Contribute for the taxi fee to the tour departure point in the morning (up tp max. EUR 12 per person)
- Lunch (optional)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Behind Viennna State Opera House, in front of Vienna Tourist information office
- The audioguide tour through the Mauthausen Memorial is available in English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Russian, Spanish
- The tour departs at 8:30am and lasts 8.5 hour
- 08:30am Tour start: Travel across Lower Austria to Mauthausen
- 10:45am Stopover in Mauthausen - appx. 3 hours
- Self-guided Visit with audioguide (available in English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Russian, Spanish)
- 01:45pm Lunch break at a local restaurant (at own expense)
- 02:45pm Return trip to Vienna
- appx. 5:00pm Tour concludes at the Vienna State Opera House
Vienna, the capital of Austria, is known for its rich history, from the classical music era to the H...
The red Vienna City Card will be your personal passport to over 210 discounts at museums, popular at...
Explore a seldom-visited Vienna on this 3-hour walking tour. In 1919 the socialists gained an absolu...
From the fabled State Opera to the elegant Museum of Art History and the lively Schwedenplatz Square...
See the sights of Salzburg on a full-day tour from Vienna. You'll travel in small group of no more t...
The three-hour flat terrain bike ride leaving from the office and takes you to the most famous sight...
The Wachau Valley — Austria’s most famous wine region along the Danube River — is just an hour away ...
Vienna is full of gay and lesbian history like almost no other European city. Not only the capital o...
The Albertina and its art exhibitions are a must see in Vienna. This historic palace of the Hapsburg...
Have you ever wondered what life must be like on the shadowy side of Vienna? Discover the challenges...