Waltz lesson: original Viennese waltz Matinee
- Enjoy a dance lesson of the original Viennese waltz
- Join other participants from all around the world
- Learn more about Vienna through its music tradition
Become part of a 200-year-old tradition, listen to some of the most magic waltzes composed by the legendary Johann Strauss and experience the magic of the original dance yourself in just one hour.
The daily Viennese Waltz Matinees are courses designed for guests that are interested in traditions and look for a genuine, interactive experience with locals and other tourists from all around the world.
Meet your English and German speaking instructor in a privatized 19th-century Palais room and move your first waltz steps in a small group of couples. You'll also learn more about this dance and the important ball heritage that is still alive in Vienna. Your instructor will reveal you essential tips and ticks for a successful ball visit.
No pre-knowledge is required.
What to bring
- In case of bad weather a second pair of shoes is mandatory (you can't dance with wet shoes otherwise you risk to slip and fall)
- Your shoes should not have metal parts on the soles nor black rubber soles
- Hand-made Italian dance shoes can be purchases at the venue
- Dance course in a privatized 19th century palais room in a small group
- Private English speaking instructor
- Original waltz steps & body posture
- Information about the waltz & ball heritage
- Tips & tricks for a successful ball visit
The Private Dance Academy by waltz in vienna, Palais am Beethovenplatz, Vienna
- Entrance: Kantgasse 3, 1010 Vienna
- Closed to the hotels Ritz-Carlton & Intercontinental as well as the Concert Halls Kursalon & Viennese Concert Hall
- Car Parking: Garage at Beethovenplatz (20m/ Public Parking)
- Public: Underground "Stadtpark", Tram "Schwarzenbergplatz"
- Duration: ca. 1 hour
- The price is per couple
- You can buy beverages and dance shoes on the spot
- Monday - Saturday
- 01:00 pm and 05:00 pm
You are looking for a genuine local cultural activity that offers fun and interactivity and that you...
The Kunsthistorisches Museum Vienna is one of the world’s foremost museums. The magnificent architec...
On this cruise, you will experience a real Viennese evening with authentic charm, an excellent buffe...
This all-day trip starts in Vienna and takes you to the beautiful Danube Valley: In the Wachau regio...
This tour starts with a ride past the famous historic sights of Ringstraße boulevard. You will see m...
Discover a unique adventure world about the history of Vienna in historical vaults directly in the c...
Let your group become part of a 200 year old tradition, listen to some of the most magic waltzes com...
The private waltz tuition is designed for the sophisticated traveler and guest who is looking for a ...
They say, if you haven't taken a ride on the Giant Ferris Wheel, you haven't really been to Vienna. ...
Vienna is located only one hour from Bratislava - so take the advantage and make one day trip to Slo...