Waltz lesson: original Viennese waltz Matinee
- Enjoy a dance lesson of the original Viennese waltz
- Join other participants from all around the world
- Learn more about Vienna through its music tradition
Become part of a 200-year-old tradition, listen to some of the most magic waltzes composed by the legendary Johann Strauss and experience the magic of the original dance yourself in just one hour.
The daily Viennese Waltz Matinees are courses designed for guests that are interested in traditions and look for a genuine, interactive experience with locals and other tourists from all around the world.
Meet your English and German speaking instructor in a privatized 19th-century Palais room and move your first waltz steps in a small group of couples. You'll also learn more about this dance and the important ball heritage that is still alive in Vienna. Your instructor will reveal you essential tips and ticks for a successful ball visit.
No pre-knowledge is required.
What to bring
- In case of bad weather a second pair of shoes is mandatory (you can't dance with wet shoes otherwise you risk to slip and fall)
- Your shoes should not have metal parts on the soles nor black rubber soles
- Hand-made Italian dance shoes can be purchases at the venue
- Dance course in a privatized 19th century palais room in a small group
- Private English speaking instructor
- Original waltz steps & body posture
- Information about the waltz & ball heritage
- Tips & tricks for a successful ball visit
The Private Dance Academy by waltz in vienna, Palais am Beethovenplatz, Vienna
- Entrance: Kantgasse 3, 1010 Vienna
- Closed to the hotels Ritz-Carlton & Intercontinental as well as the Concert Halls Kursalon & Viennese Concert Hall
- Car Parking: Garage at Beethovenplatz (20m/ Public Parking)
- Public: Underground "Stadtpark", Tram "Schwarzenbergplatz"
- Duration: ca. 1 hour
- The price is per couple
- You can buy beverages and dance shoes on the spot
- Monday - Saturday
- 01:00 pm and 05:00 pm
Founded in 1752 by the Empress Maria Theresia as a “menagerie”, Schönbrunn is the world's oldest zoo...
From the fabled State Opera to the elegant Museum of Art History and the lively Schwedenplatz Square...
Vienna is full of gay and lesbian history like almost no other European city. Not only the capital o...
This day trip starts at 8.30 am in Vienna, from where a modern bus takes you to Bratislava. After an...
On this cruise, you will experience a real Viennese evening with authentic charm, an excellent buffe...
Have you ever wondered what life must be like on the shadowy side of Vienna? Discover the challenges...