- Get your seafood on! Learn about the types of fish and seafood caught in the Bay of Vigo
- Taste the best Galician wines and dishes in Spain's most important fishing port
- Wander the streets like a local and sample a selection of tapas
- Learn about the different wines of Galicia, such as Albariño, Godello, and Mencia
We’ll begin our Vigo food tour with a walk through the city streets to the local market, recently re-built into a modern new-age urban city market. There are stalls with literally everything you could imagine, from fresh produce to meats, and of course all the fish and seafood that is brought in every morning from the local fishermen.
After a quick stop at the market, our first stop will be a quaint bar near the Cathedral of Santa Maria de Vigo, where we’ll try Ribeiro white wine served in typical tazas (ceramic bowls used for drinking). We’ll pair that with an empanada Gallega (Galician pie), Spanish tortillas, and so much more!
Then we’re off to a vinoteca (tavern) that specialises in Galician wines. We’ll try a young, red wine that’s made of the Menica grape, and goes well with cured Spanish meats like jamón and chorizo, as well as try some local cheeses like Tetilla and San Simon.
Walking further through the old, cobblestoned streets of the port area of the city, we’ll make our way to our very last stop. Here we’ll try something this area is famous for: seafood! The catch of the day is usually mussels or some type of shellfish, but it all depends on what’s available that day. We’ll accompany that with the famed Albariño white wine from the D.O. Rias Baixas.
- Local English-speaking tour guide
- 4 tapas and 4 drinks
- Local taxes
- Additional food and drinks
- Any personal expenses or souvenirs
- Tips/gratuities for your guide
- Children under 6 years old: free
Canovas de Castillo, 22 at the Statue "La Bañista" (You will see a wrought-iron statue with a big head called La Bañista. It’s right in front of the Estacion Maritima)
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes
- This is a child-friendly tour.
Daily except Sundays at 11.00am
Spend a late afternoon exploring a more remote coastal area of Vigo Bay outside the hustle and bustl...
BILLET VALABLE 1 JOUR DU 23/03/18 AU 06/01/19 SAUF DU 23/06/18 AU 10/09/18, SELON OUVERTURE DU SITE ...
Mahler Chamber Orchestra Gustavo Dudamel, director F. Schubert Sinfonía núm. 3, en Re mayor, D. 200 ...
Un des opéras les plus emblématiques, avec Lianna Haroutounian et les débuts d'Ainhoa rteta dans le ...
Le contre-ténor Bejun Mehta et la soprano Lisette Oropesa à l'affiche de l'une des perles de la sais...
Don't be fooled by the green scenario of Vigo as the rain has not only come in the form of water; gu...