- See La Pedrera and Casa Batlló, the most emblematic Gaudí's buildings and current jewels of Passeig de Gràcia
- Take the Montjuïc cable car up to Parc de Montjuïc, Mirador and Castell de Montjuïc and enjoy the finest panoramic views of Barcelona
- Visit Montserrat mountain and admire its rocks shape that reminds of a human and animal appearance
- The Basilica de Montserrat holds the Montserrat Virgin, known as La Moreneta (the Black Virgin), the patron saint of Catalonia
- First part of the tour:
In Barcelona, history and traditions go hand in hand with emerging fashion and new trends in cuisine, culture and art. Barcelona offers the possibility to enjoy the sea as well as the mountains. Don't miss this itinerary that will allow you to enjoy the most emblematic sights the city has to offer.
We will start with a sightseeing tour from the bus that will take you up the elegant Passeig de Gràcia, where you will see the most famous Gaudi houses, Casa Batlló and Casa Milà (La Pedrera) as well as other majestic buildings of the Modernism era.
We will take you to the sea where you will be able to admire the intense changes the city underwent with the organisation of the Olympic Games in 1992. You will drive by the Arc of the Triomf, Ciutadella Park, the Olympic Village, the Olympic Port, the beach and the fisherman’s quarter, called Barceloneta, the Port Vell, Plaza (square) de Colon with its famous Columbus monument, indicating which way he sailed to discover the Americas. This point is also the beginning of the famous Ramblas of Barcelona. We will continue the visit driving up Montjuïc where we will make a short stop in Olympic Stadium Lluis Companys. We will continue driving up till Montjuïc Castle where you will enjoy a cable car ride with precious views of the city. The bus will pick you up at the last station and we will continue our Montjuïc visit passing by the sports facilities built for the 1992 Olympic Games: the Lluis Companys stadium, the Palau Sant Jordi, the Olympic swimming pool Picornell until we get to the Spanish Village. We will visit this charming place where you will admire a collection of traditional buildings from all over Spain, and a demonstration of a selection of the handcrafts made in this country.
After the visit of the Spanish village, we will leave the Montjuïc behind and go back down to the city centre. During the drive back to the city centre you will be able to admire the Venetian Towers, the Montjuïc fountains, the MNAC and the CC “Las Arenas” rebuilt over the ancient “Plaza de Toros” (bullring).
We will arrive at the Plaza de Catalunya, the starting point of the guided walking tour of the old city centre. Our guide will take you to the Ramblas, Cathedral Square, threw the narrow street of the Gothic quarter and to plaza Sant Jaume where the City hall is located and the headquarters of the Catalonian government. Our tour finishes at the Plaza de Catalunya, in front of the Hard Rock Café, in the city centre, at a 10 minutes walking distance from the office.
- Second part of the tour:
A comfortable Bus will take you to the mountain of Montserrat which rises majestically to 4,051 feet (1,236 meter).
The rocks of Montserrat were formed by natural cement of sand during the centuries. The wind and rain shaped the mountain with strange and varied forms. The popular imagination has seen human or animal shape in some of these peaks, giving those names and inventing legends to explain their fantastic origins. This trip to Montserrat will give you the opportunity to enjoy the wonderful and breathtaking views of the Montserrat Mountain, one of nature’s special creations.
You will go up to Montserrat with the cog-wheel train, which leaves you in the middle of the Monastery. It is a 15-minute trip with a privileged and spectacular view of the mountain. The train has panoramic windows which make the actual journey an interesting attraction. The train is air-conditioned and they are completely wheelchair-friendly.
You will visit the Royal Basilica of Montserrat, which holds the famous 12th century Romanesque carving of Verge Moreneta (the Black Madonna). You will be able to see this famous statue of the Black Madonna from a distance. The Benedict sanctuary of Montserrat has been founded in 1025 and provides a mystical backdrop for the Virgin of Montserrat, the patron saint of Catalonia who is enshrined in the monastery's Royal Basilica. The little monastery soon began to receive pilgrims and visitors who contributed to the spread of stories of miracles and wonders performed by the Virgin. Today, Montserrat has been modernized to continue attending to the needs to pilgrims, one thousand years after it was originally founded.
You will be given free time to visit audiovisual exhibition about the history and creation of Montserrat and taste typical liquors of Montserrat, handmade by the monks of the monastery (both activities are included).
- Round trip with an air conditioned motor coach
- Bilingual official guide
- Entrance fee to Spanish Village
- Montjuic cable car
- Tasting liquors in Montserrat
- Entrance to the audiovisual ?Espai Audiovisual Montserrat? exhibition in Montserrat
- Cog-wheel train
- Any other services not specified
- Food and drinks not specified in the inclusions
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance to the Gothic cathedral
- Infants 0-3 years old: free (meals and drinks not included)
- Children 4-12 years old: reduced
Carrer de Balmes, 3, 08007 Barcelona, Spain
- Close to Plaça Catalunya
- You have approximately 1 hour 15 min of free time for lunch (from April to October) and 45 min (from November to March) between both parts of the excursions. Lunch is not included
- The minimum age to drink alcohol is 18 years old. ID card can be requested
- Due to annual maintenance works Montjuïc cable car will remain closed from January to February (both included)
- Please be aware that some walking is included during this tour. We recommend wearing comfortable clothes and shoes
- Correct dress code is requested to enter the Basilica at Montserrat. It is not permitted to enter with tank tops, strapless shirts, short shorts or sandals
- At Montserrat there is a mountains climate, depending on the season you will need clothes protecting you from the rain and/or cold
- From April to October: Daily at 8.45am
- From November to March: Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays at 8.45am
- Check-in time: 8.30am
- Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour begins
- Blackout dates: 11 & 24 September, 5 January
Mahler Chamber Orchestra Gustavo Dudamel, director F. Schubert Sinfonía núm. 3, en Re mayor, D. 200 ...
Un des opéras les plus emblématiques, avec Lianna Haroutounian et les débuts d'Ainhoa rteta dans le ...
Le contre-ténor Bejun Mehta et la soprano Lisette Oropesa à l'affiche de l'une des perles de la sais...
Prepare your senses, your mind and your body for tonight! The best sundays night in town take place ...
FRIDAY | AUGUST 2018 @ RAZZMATAZZ CLUBS | Opening doors 01:00am 1 Ticket 4 clubs >>> RAZZCLUB, THE L...
A prominent DJ worldwide with releases on some of the leading labels in techno, Luigi Madonna has ab...