Sant Pau Art Nouveau Site guided tour
- Visit the jewel of the Catalan Modernism declared World Cultural Heritage in 1997
- Learn about the history of medicine in Barcelona and one of Europe’s oldest hospital
- Explore the foremost work of Lluís Domènech i Montaner, one of the most important architects of Modernism, the Catalan Art Nouveau
Visit the Sant Pau Art Nouveau Site, a jewel of the Catalan Modernism declared World Cultural Heritage in 1997. You’ll be able to appreciate the foremost work of Lluís Domènech i Montaner, one of the most important architects of Modernism, the Catalan Art Nouveau, and the product of one of the most outstanding rehabilitation processes of recent years.
The exhibition space in the Sant Salvador Pavilion takes you on a journey through the history of medicine in Barcelona and one of Europe’s oldest healthcare institutions: from the first unified hospital in the district known as Raval in 1401, La Santa Creu, to the 21st century. Filled with display cabinets full of medical materials and architectural elements as well as information panels, models and screens, present part of the institution’s heritage collection.
The upper floor of the building focuses particularly on the person and work of Lluís Domènech i Montaner, exploring the three main aspects of this genius of Modernisme: the scholar, the architect and the ideologue. There is also a space for consultation where you can find out more about the institution thanks to an interactive table, books, publications and digitalized historic documents from the Archive of the Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau.
Sant Salvador Pavilion marks the start of a recommended route around the outdoor spaces of the Art Nouveau Site that copy the garden city model designed in the early 20th century. As you stroll, admire the building’s lovely exteriors. The domes, roofs, façades, sculptures and stained-glass windows are the most outstanding elements.
You can also enter the Sant Rafael Pavilion and see its interior exactly as it was designed at the start of the 20th century. Moreover, you can take the underground tunnels communicating the various buildings and visit the most representative heritage spaces of the Administration Pavilion.
The journey may vary according to the use of the spaces.
- Official guide (monolingual or bilingual)
- Entrance and guided visit to Sant Pau Art Nouveau
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Infants 0-3 years old: free
- Children 4-12 years: reduced
Carrer de Sant Antoni Maria Claret, 167, 08025 Barcelona, Spain
Sant Pau Art Nouveau Site. There will be a personal staff with an indication of Julià Travel
- Please be aware this is a walking tour, please be ready and wear comfortable clothes and shoes
- Group size: min. 1 max. 20 people
- From 23 March to 31 October: Monday to Saturday at 5.00pm (English and Spanish)
- From 1 November to 31 March: Friday (only English) and Saturday (English and Spanish) at 12.00pm
UNANNOUNCED by Raxon ___________________________ Expect the finest names in house & techno curated b...
A relative newcomer, Tini Gessler has risen through the music scene remarkably quickly. Starting out...
Free until 2am (then € 10 w / long Drink) ▶ Check our Special Deal offer! Long 2 long drinks ✦ acces...
he Catalan capital finally has a proper R&B and Hip Hop party! With its bold foray into Barcelona, t...
Downtown is one sexy party on Tuesday nights! For lovers of Hip-Hop, R&B and Electronic, 3 Resident ...
Off Week is probably one of the best weeks of the year if Techno music is a must in your day-to-day....