Tarragona and Sitges full-day trip from Barcelona
- Learn about the fascinating history of 'Hispania Citerior,' one of three ancient Roman provinces on the Iberian Peninsula
- Imagine the bloody gladiator fights that were once held in Tarragona's amphitheater
- Enjoy the quaint colonial buildings and an idyllic walk on the beach of Sitges
- Finish the day at Playa San Sebastián, one of the best urban beaches in Europe
- All taxes, surcharges and fees are included to avoid last-minute surprises
- Escape the noise and traffic of the city for a day
- Take a stroll through the streets and become part of the city
- Bring the whole family - everyone will love it
- Roundtrip transportation to your hotel included to make travel easier
- More than a tour - your guide will share their love of art history with you
- Unique experience - definitely something to write home about
- Smaller group size gives you a personalized experience in good company
- Avoid the ticket line and walk right in to spend more time with the art
- Explore the countryside and become part of the beautiful landscape
- Make your friends back home envious with great photo ops
Spend a day on the sun-soaked shores of Catalonia, exploring the towns of the Costa Dorada. Visit the ancient Roman ruins of Tarraco (modern day Tarragona), followed by the charming streets and plazas of Sitges. You will finish the day on one of the most beautiful urban beach of Europe, Playa de San Sebastián.
The tour operator will pick you up at your Barcelona accommodation and travel south in a comfortable private vehicle. The local guide will show you the hidden secrets of the Catalan coast, authentic spots off the beaten track. Along the way you will hear fascinating stories about the unique regional culture and history.
Tarragona sits between the beautiful sandy beaches and crystal clear waters of Catalonia’s “Golden Coast.” Its charismatic winding streets and picturesque plazas are home to one of the most important and best-preserved Roman archaeological sites in Spain. The city has been declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Two thousand years ago, Tarraco was the capital of ‘Hispania Citerior’, one of three Roman provinces on the Iberian Peninsula.
Your group will first visit the famous entrance to ancient ‘Tarraco’: the impressive Les Ferreres Aqueduct. This magnificent 217m long and 26m high structure was built by the Romans and is also called the 'The Devil’s Bridge'. The aqueduct is a spectacular example of advanced engineering by the Romans, a recurrent theme during the tour.
Next, you will embark on a walking tour to discover the many beautifully preserved remains of this ancient civilization. Explore the walls surrounding the city and one of the best-preserved circuses in Europe, hidden under 19th century construction.
You will catch traces of the ancient Roman Forum, which has served as the city center for 2,000 years. Marvel at the historic ruins of the Amphitheater, built to overlook the Mediterranean Sea. During the second century, this monumental structure was the center of entertainment for civilians, who would flock there to enjoy bloody gladiatorial matches and circus acts with wild animals.
After this exciting journey into the past you will visit another town, one with a colorful, idyllic brand of charm and a prevailing essence of Modernism.
Sitges is located on the Costa del Garraf, 38 km from Barcelona. The town enjoys a privileged location where the sea meets a beautiful landscape of mountains. This is the ideal getaway for health tourists or for artists thirsty for inspiration.
Modern day Sitges offers a unique mix of traditional fishermen’s houses with a lively, bohemian atmosphere. A wild array of colorful boutiques, restaurants, musicians and artist workshops open their doors to the streets. Soak in the Mediterranean essence of this unique coastal paradise.
You will do a walking tour of the winding streets and hidden corners of the labyrinthine Sitges city center and see several examples of architectural modernism, including the Casa Bacardi and Casa del Rellotge. You will hear fascinating stories about the 'Americanos’ who became rich off this ´new´ continent.
But the fame of Sitges - the 'Saint Tropez of Spain' - is no doubt its idyllic seaside promenade. As we walk along it, we will discover the beautiful church of San Bartolomé and Santa Tecla, the grand staircase, the Maricel Palace and the charming ‘Quiet Corner’. Musicians enliven the atmosphere here, adding to the wonderful journey that leads down to the beach.
End the day on Playa San Sebastián, named "the best urban beach in Europe". Relax on one of its scenic terraces or take a dip in the crystal blue waters of the Mediterranean sea.
- Professional guide
- Private vehicle
- Pick-up and drop-off at your accommodation
- Tour of ancient Roman and medieval Tarragona
- Beautiful tour with views of the coastal village of Sitges
- Entrance to different sites
- Entrance fees
- Guided walking tour
- Transportation in air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Entrance ticket
- Any private expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Tips (optional)
Pick-up from your accommodation
- Group size: min. 2 max. 8 people
- Tour runs on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays
- The pick-up is between 08:30 am and 09:30 am.
- Blackout dates: 24, 25 and 26 December, 1 January
Big Opening Circus Fridays ¡La mejor sesión para no parar de bailar! MAINROOM: URBAN MUSIC : DJ OUMA...
█ Voltage x HEX █ The Belgian festival lands in Barcelona for the first time with this brand new col...
Of the Belleville Three, the cadre of early Detroit producers who tested the limits of spirit within...
SATURDAY | FEBRUARY 2020 @ RAZZMATAZZ CLUBS | Opening doors 01:00am 1 Ticket 4 clubs >>> RAZZCLUB, T...
FRIDAY | FEBRUARY 2020 @ RAZZMATAZZ CLUBS | Opening doors 01:00am 1 Ticket 4 clubs >>> RAZZCLUB, THE...
Un habitual de las sesiones de Olmos, al que ha acompañado varias veces, en una sesión para él solo....