Berlin guided walking tour: the storyline
- Bask in the vibrant, modern Berlin way of life
- Visit original sites of WWII and the Holocaust
- Hear all the legends twining around iconic Brandenburg Gate
- Take a time leap back to Cold War Berlin at Checkpoint Charlie
- Enjoy delicious samples from the oldest chocolate factory in Berlin
Get set to be taken on a stroll through the city’s colorful history and unique modern culture. The tour starts in the very heart of Berlin's new government quarter. Meet your local guide in front of the Reichstag at the Big German Flag in front of the main entrance and hear the amazing story of this world-renowned building. You will get up close and personal to some of the original sites of the apocalyptic Battle of Berlin in 1945, which put an end to the horrors of Nazi Germany.
While strolling the streets of this city, take you on a journey as we explore the political changes that have occurred over the decades, and gain some further insight into modern Berlin culture. The guides have their own pictures, original documents, as well as old and new maps, which make this Berlin walking tour experience all the more memorable, and makes our stunning city’s past come alive!
You'll learn more about the countless historical events, modern places and landmarks that have made Berlin what it is today. You'll walk through the Memorial to the murdered Jews of Europe, a strong emotional expression of Germany dealing with the holocaust and the troubled aspects of its past. Step back in time as you pass by former Nazi Ministries. You'll also visit the site, where young Peter Fechter was murdered by border guards in 1962, continuing to what is widely regarded as the most beautiful place of Berlin: Gendarmenmarkt.
Next you'll take in some of Berlin’s Grand Boulevards, including Friedrichstraße and Unter den Linden, the historic location where the infamous book burning of 1933 took place. It is then off to Berlin's Humboldt University, the most famous in our city.
On the walk you'll pass one of Berlin’s oldest chocolate makers, where Berlin's most iconic buildings are rebuild in chocolate. It's a sight to behold - and of course to savor a delicious treat!
- English speaking local tour guide
- Sample of typical chocolate
- Children 6-11 years old: reduced price
- Child Policy
- This is a child-friendly tour. Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed above.
- Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge.
- Reichstag Building at Giant German flag on the west-side of the Reichstag
- Reichstag address:
- Platz der Republik 1, 11011 Berlin, Germany
- A good pair of comfortable walking shoes is advisable.
- Once you receive your voucher, your booking is confirmed. See you at the starting point.
Every day at 10.00am
Discover Kreuzberg, Prenzlauer Berg, Friedrichshain, alternative lifestyles, streetlife, markets, ba...
Experience the inner City of Berlin from Friedrichstrasse. Their attractions from the river perspect...
Eine einmalige Situation ergab sich nach dem Fall der Mauer in Berlin: inmitten einer bestehenden Gr...
Lassen Sie sich vom Checkpoint Charlie über den Potsdamer Platz und dem letzten original Wachturm de...
The Havel classic invites you to a two-hour cruise on the southwestern Havel lakes. Enjoy two hours ...
bundesliga: Hertha BSC Berlin - Eintracht Frankfurt 08-12-2018 Südtorweg, 14053 Berlin, Germany Deli...