Gardens and palaces of Potsdam bike tour
- Getting to know beautiful Potsdam and its history
- Audio guide and entry into Cecilienhof Palace are included
- Numerous photo opportunities
- A dedicated, expert English-speaking guide
You start by taking the train from the TV Tower shop for the 25 km journey to Potsdam, where the bikes are waiting for you. In 6.5-7 hours, including transport time, the tour covers about 16 km (10 miles). However, Potsdam is also quite flat with lots of sites and stops.
Here are some of the many reasons why you’ll love the Gardens & Palaces of Potsdam Bike Tour:
- Realizing that with its 20+ palaces, numerous parks and gardens, unique WWII and Cold War history, and distinct present-day flair, Potsdam is far more than the “Versailles of Berlin”, but rather earning its UNESCO World Heritage status in many ways.
- Appreciating the power, lifestyle, and grandeur of the Hohenzollern legacy through their various lavish gardens, parks, and palaces.
- Understanding the impact the Potsdam Agreement (signed at Cecilienhof) had on Europe to close out World War II and foreshadowing an era of tension and distrust in the ensuing Cold War. Entry and audio guide into Cecilienhof Palace are included and there will be plenty of time to explore the interior!
- Comparing the Potsdam of today - a vibrant university city filled with creative minds and energy - against the backdrop of life under communism behind the Iron Curtain.
At the end of the tour you will take the train back to the bike shop at the Alexanderplatz.
- Comfortable cruiser bike or city-style bike
- Helmet (provided but optional)
- Experienced, English-speaking guide
- Infants 0-3 years old: free
- Children 3-12 years old: reduced
- Students: reduced
- Seniors: reduced
Panoramastraße 1A, 10178 Berlin, Deutschland
At the base of the TV Tower (Fernsehturm) in Alexanderplatz. Tours meet just around the corner in front of the entrance to the tower. You will see the guides there with the large, red flags. Please arrive about 15 minutes prior to your scheduled tour
- All guests under 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- It is recommended to bring an extra layer of clothing in case it gets chilly during the tour
- Comfortable, closed-toed shoes are recommended
- All tours run rain or shine
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled tour
- 10 April 2020 to 30 September 2020: Wednesday, Friday and Sunday at 09.45am
- October 2020: Wednesday and Sunday at 09.45am
- Please arrive about 15 minutes prior to your scheduled tour
The impressive neoclassical building that hosts the Altes Museum (Old Museum) was built between 1823...
Enjoy moving classical music presented by the Berlin Residence Orchestra in the stylish and historic...
On this private tour you’ll cruise through the parks and streets of Berlin on an easy-to-ride Segway...
The East Side Gallery is an international memorial for freedom and the longest open air gallery in t...
Experience Berlin during the evening on this fantastic 2-hour Segway tour. Explore the city on Segwa...
Embark on a half-day trip from Berlin to Potsdam, a city rich in remarkable sights and fascinating h...