Pergamon Museum & Neues Museum guided tour
- Visit two of the most important museums in Europe
- Marvel at the famous Bust of Nefertiti and the stunning Ishtar Gate
- Travel through time to Ancient Greece walking along the Market Gate of Miletus
- Get incredibly interesting historic insights from your guide
Discover the jewels of Berlin's world-famous Museum Island. Explore the wonders of Ancient Egypt, Babylon, Greece and Rome on an exclusive tour through two remarkable museums: Pergamon Museum and Neues Museum.
Hosted by an expert guide, you will not only see impressive artefacts and architectural structures, but you will also learn many exciting facts about history and get a critical understanding of the collection's relationship to Berlin, past and present.
How did the Bauhaus aesthetic inadvertently preserve Prussian-era Egyptian fresco facsimiles? Who found the bust of Nefertiti lying face down in the dirt in 1912 and how did she end up in Berlin? Where can one walk down a contemporary staircase based on Classical proportions which is scarred with WWII bullet holes?
Let this unforgettable tour of Berlin's two finest museums give you many exciting insights.
Just be aware: the Pergamon Altar is currently not on display due to ongoing construction works.
- VIP entrance to Pergamon Museum and Neues Museum
- Museum Island day pass valid for all five museum
- Guided tour Pergamon Museum and Neues Museum
- Children (0-17 years)
Before April 2020: Corner of Am Lustgarten and Bode Straße, 10178 Berlin, Germany
From 1 April 2020: Bodestrasse 2, 10178, Berlin
Before April 2020: Meet on the street corner of Am Lustgarten and Bode Straße, underneath the colonnade/roofed pillars.
From 1 April 2020: Meet on the bottom of the steps of the James Simon Galerie on Museums Island.
- Please note: the Pergamon Altar is currently not on display due to ongoing construction works
- Attention: the entrance to Pergamon Museum is scheduled for the booked time and can't be guaranteed if you are late
- Cancellation policy: 100% refund for tours cancelled within 7 days before the departure, 50% refund for tours cancelled between 3 and 6 days before the departure, no refund possible for tours cancelled later than 3 days before the departure. No refund is possible also if you miss the tour because you are late
- November 2019 - March 2020: Sunday at 10.00am
- April - October: Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday at 10:00am
- November 2020 - March 2021: Saturday at 10:00am
The Museum Island in Berlin preserves an impressive quantity of history and art treasures. Don't mis...
Dive into the world of secret services and spies at the German Spy Museum at Potsdamer Platz: Learn ...
The colorful LEGO® brick world in the LEGOLAND® Discovery Centre Berlin offers many stations and pla...
The Hamburg Train Station is actually a former train station, from which trains once traveled to Ham...
Explore Berlin's most famous highlights and learn all about the city's eventful history. Discover th...
This collection, offered since 1998 at Kulturforum, gives the possibility to travel through six cent...
The Museum of European Culture in Berlin shows the similarities and differences in the lifestyle of ...
Explore extensive collections of Prussian art on this 3-hour walking tour in the Kulturforum and the...
Captivating special effects bring 750 years of Berlin’s history to life! At Little BIG City, the uni...
When Germany was reunited in October 1990, the Cold War ended and a nation, East Germany, officially...