Day trip to Transylvania from Bucharest
- Explore Bran Castle, the most visited military fortress in Romania
- See Peles Castle, erected by King Carol I of Romania
- Learn about the exciting history and architecture of these Romanian castles
Romania is not all about castles and fortresses, but they are a big part of its history. Peles, one of the most beautiful castles in Europe, is the work of the first German King of Romania, Carol I of Habsburg. He took over the throne in 1866 and 6 years later started the construction of something that became the summer residence of the Royal Family and the first electrified castle in Europe.
300 feet behind Peles, we have Pelisor Castle, erected between WW1 and WW2, by the Queen Maria of Romania. Both castles were designed by the biggest architect of the era, the Czech man Karl Lihmann, who studied architecture in Germany and ended up working for the Habsburg family for more then 30 years.
Bran Castle was built at the end of the 14th century by the King of Hungary, Ludovic I D'Anjou. Never conquered, it was the Gate of Europe for hundreds of years, helping the kings and rulers of the land, including Vlad III Dracula, to stop first the Huns and later the Ottoman Empire from entering Europe.
After these visits, you will enjoy lunch in a traditional restaurant in Bran before heading back to Bucharest.
- Welcome coffee
- Guided tour with an expert tour guide
- Round trip transportation
- Entry fees with video and photo fees included
- Traditional lunch
- Alcoholic drinks
- Children 3-12 years of age: reduced
- Infants 0-2 years of age: free
Strada Franceza 62-64, Bucuresti 030167, Romania
In Piata Unirii in front of Starbucks
- A small amount of walking is involved - please dress comfortably
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible
- There is a minimum of 2 people required per booking
- Wednesday through Sunday at 7.45am
Start this astonishing day trip from Bucharest to Bulgaria in the early morning from your hotel in B...
Brasov is one of the first seven cities built in Transylvania by the Saxons in the 13th century and ...
Travel outside of Bucharest for a full-day tour exploring two castles beginning with a visit to Sina...
Your Bucharest sightseeing tour will start with pick-up service offered from your hotel. Spend the n...
On your full-day tour from Bucharest to Northern Bulgaria you will drive two hours from Bucharest to...
Widely seen as one of the most promising party destinations in Europe, Bucharest is a great place to...