- Book today and use your ticket whenever you want
- Visit the fortified city, a UNESCO World Heritage site
- Discover one of the most impressive restoration work
Discover the château of the Counts of Carcassonne and the ramparts, a UNESCO World Heritage site located at the heart of the fortified city.
Carcassone was the seat of power of the Counts of Carcassonne, and then of the famous Trencavel family in the 12th century. Following the Albigensian Crusade (1209-1229), when the Royal forces seized Carcassonne, accusing it of complicity with the Cathars, it became a Royal fortress governed by a seneschal.
Since the pre-Roman period, a fortified settlement has existed on the hill where Carcassonne now stands. In its present form it is an outstanding example of a medieval fortified town, with its massive defences encircling the castle and the surrounding buildings, its streets and its fine Gothic cathedral. In the 19th century, the city was on the verge of demolition and was used as a stone quarry before Viollet-le-Duc and his successor Paul Boeswillwald started a great restoration work gaving it back its medieval appearance.
- Entrance ticket
The entrance is free for:
- Children under 18 (except school group)
- EU citizens (18-25)
- Disabled people
- Unemployed people (proof required)
1 Rue de la Porte d'Aude, 11000 Carcassonne, France
- The e-ticket is not dated and you can use it whenerver you want
- The e-ticket gives access to an unguided tour of the monument
- The Centre des monuments nationaux is strictly applying the security measures decided by the french authorities
- Luggages and big items exceeding 55cm*35cm*20cm will not be accepted.
- From 1st April to 30th September
10.00am - 6.30pm
- From 1st October to 31st December
9.30am - 5.00pm
Experience a new way to see Toulouse aboard a convenient, open-topped minibus. See the city's most f...
With the Pass Tourisme, enjoy free entry to the museums in the city centre, a guided visit from the ...
There is plenty of beautiful villages and towns around Toulouse. Take a day to visit the cities of A...
Au départ de Toulouse c'est une journée pèlerinage qui vous attend, vous découvrirez la basilique No...
Partez à la découverte des vins de Fronton au départ de Toulouse tous les mercredi de juillet et aoû...
Join our half-day trip from Paris and discover the unparalleled beauty of the home and gardens of Cl...
Hop-on hop-off bus tour Experience Paris in total freedom on an open-top hop-on hop-off sightseeing ...
The Mont Saint Michel is unique in the whole world! It is a mountainous island with a medieval villa...
Experience the Savoyard art de vivre, wines and terroir with this full day guided tour departing fro...
Enjoy the services of a smartly dressed driver and the comfortable carrier on a private transfer to ...