Architecture cruise on the Chicago River from Michigan Ave
- See Chicago’s amazing urban architecture from the Chicago River
- Sail down all three branches of the river and view works of Bertrand Goldberg, Jeanne Gang, Mies van der Rohe
- Take photos of the picturesque skyline at Wolf Point
This picturesque cruise is led by a professional guide that gives the exciting details of the buildings that line the Chicago River, as well as their historical significance.
You'll board this tour at the dock on Michigan Ave. Once on board, you’ll sail down all three branches of the Chicago River– the main branch, north branch and south branch. While on the main branch, you’ll marvel at the works of Bertrand Goldberg and Jeanne Gang.
Then you’ll reach the north branch, where you’ll see a vast contrast in how architecture on the Chicago River has changed over time. You’ll have an amazing photo opportunity at Wolf Point.
Afterwards, you'll start sailing down the south branch where you’ll see Chicago’s iconic Willis Tower and dive into the dramatic story of how Chicago rose from the ashes of the Great Fire of 1871.
Home to iconic buildings by Mies van der Rohe, Skidmore Owings Merrill, and Helmut Jahn, the urban Chicago landscape is a living record of twentieth century architectural movements. Don’t miss out on this Architecture River Tour, it’s the picture perfect cruise that’s fun for the entire family!
Buildings along the tour:
- 35 East Wacker
- 222 North LaSalle
- 225 West Wacker
- 311 South Wacker
- 333 North Michigan
- 333 West Wacker
- 401 North Michigan
- Aon Center
- Apple Store
- Boeing World Headquarters
- Central US Post Office
- Chicago Board of Trade
- Cityfront Center
- Civic Opera Building
- East Bank Club
- Fulton House
- IBM Building
- Jewelers Building
- John Hancock Center
- Lake Point Tower
- LaSalle-Wacker Building
- Leo Burnett Building
- London Guarantee Building
- Marina City
- Merchandise Mart
- Montgomery Ward Complex
- Navy Pier
- NBC Tower Chicago
- Plaza Citicorp Center
- Prudential Plaza
- RR Donnelley Center
- River City
- River Cottages
- Tribune Tower
- Trump Tower
- USG Building Riverside
- Willis Tower (Sears Tower)
- Wolf Point
- Wrigley Building
**Please note this tour is only available in English. If you'd like to take this tour in Spanish, please follow this link - Architecture cruise in Spanish - to the event page
- Professional narration of tour highlights
- Food and drinks (available on most tours)
- Boarding photo
- Children ages 3-12
- Infants (2 and under): free
Departure point: Michigan Avenue – 401 N. Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611
- Please note that there is a new flagship Apple store at this dock
- This tour is only available in English, if you'd like to take this tour in Spanish, please follow this link - Architecture cruise in Spanish - to the event page
- Please note that upper decks are open top
- Restrooms are located on lower deck of boats and can only be reached by stairs
- Boarding begins 15 minutes prior to departure
- Leashed dogs are welcome on the tour
You'll get the best view and experience the greatest perspective on Chicago with this admission tick...
This summertime Segway tour of Chicago starts with a boom, and ends with a colorful bang! You'll rid...
On this tour, go on a historic Chicago pub crawl with an educational twist! Explore Chicago’s entert...
Remember that time when you were little and one of your imaginary friends took your hand and led you...
Classic Ticket 1-day hop-on hop-off bus tour FREE Voucher Book FREE Drawstring Backpack (May 4th–Sep...
The Chicago evening Segway tour is the perfect way to see the Windy City as the sun starts to set. T...