Enjoy a full-day sightseeing heritage tour goes through the Drakensberg mountain range. This 3km hike brings you to the site of the caves with Bushman’s paintings followed by a nice lunch included in the tour. On the way back to Durban visit the Nelson Mandela Capture site – a historically significant monument in South African history and now commemorated with a world class sculpture, in memory of Nelson Mandela and his heroic role in the struggle against apartheid.
Excursions & day trips
Drakensberg World Heritage full-day tour from Durban
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: from 10 hours to 11 hours
Safety measures applied
Do this because
- Visit the World Heritage Site of Giant's Castle
- Visit the Nelson Mandela Capture Site
- Learn more about the Bushman paintings which date back 2,000 years
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- Guided tour
- Pick-up and drop-off from designated areas
- Children (age 2-11)
- Infants (age 0-1): free admission
You will be picked up from Durban beachfront hotels. Please confirm your pickup time and location directly with the local operator
What to remember
- There's a minimum booking of 2 adults for this tour
- Please contact our local provider at least 48 hours before the tour to schedule your pick-up time and location
- This hike is considered moderate in difficulty so an average level of fitness is recommended
- Please note, children up to 3 years old must use appropriate child car seats, which must be reserved at the time of booking and are subject to current availability
- Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability
ATC African Travel Concept
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 2 days before the experience begins.