Borders countryside and Alnwick Castle day trip
- See the beautiful countryside on Scotland and England’s border
- See the famous Alnwick Castle, as seen in Harry Potter
Step across the Scottish borders and visit England on this day-long bus tour.
Along the way your guide will describe the historic rivalry between Scotland and England, while giving you a chance to enjoy the beautiful scenery along the borders.
Your first stop will be at “The Hirsel” - a country house and estate where you can enjoy some delicous homemade treats.
Next, the tour will stop at the Holy Island of Lindisfarne. This tidal island off the northeast coast of England is internationally famous both for its medieval religious heritage as well as its picturesque 16th-century castle.
You’ll continue on to Alnwick Castle, the second largest inhabited castle in the UK. This castle has been home to the Duke of Northumberland’s family for over 700 years and has recently appeared in a number of films and TV series, including Downtown Abbey and Harry Potter. You’ll have two and half hours to explore the castle and surrounding area. If you choose to visit the castle, you can see a brand new Downton Abbey exhibit, with photography, costumes and props from the series.
Afterwards, you’ll head back to Edinburgh with relaxing music along the way.
Important note: This tour has a four-passenger-minimum requirement and is subject to cancellation if this minimum is not met. In the unlikely event of such a cancellation, your choice of a refund, reschedule, or alternative tour will be offered.
- Guided tour
- Fully-trained and experienced driver/guide
- Roundtrip transfers from most downtown Edinburgh hotels and guest houses
- Admission to Alnwick Castle
- Additional entrance fees
- Gratuities (optional)
- Children (ages 4-14)
- Seniors (ages 65 and up)
- Students (with valid ID)
- Hotel pickup from most downtown Edinburgh hotels and guest houses
- You will be able to arrange your hotel pickup after purchase
- Please note that tour routing and availability are subject to the tidal timetable at Lindisfarne, which may result in the tour having to operate in reverse
- Wednesday and Saturday
- Departure 9.00am
- Schedule subject to change. Check the calendar for updated details
Enjoy roundtrip transportation to the famous Royal Braemar Highland Gathering and receive guaranteed...
This tour is all about Fife, and to get there you will cross the Firth of Forth - the perfect chance...
Once you leave Edinburgh, your driver will take you through Scotland's bustling central belt to see ...
Edinburgh, 1745. The Jacobite rising has reached the city gates, and Bonnie Prince Charlie is met by...
Explore the haunted Blair Street Underground Vaults with access no other tour company can offer, the...
Discover the story of Scotland through its capital city and the National Museum. You will see the pl...