The best of Chianti Classico tour with wine tasting and typical Tuscan dinner
- Discover all the flavors of the Chianti region with this complete experience
- Enjoy two tastings of four prestigious wines each
- Visit some famous and picturesque Chianti villages
- Characteristic dinner with a full menu
Enjoy the charm of the Chianti countryside, one of the most beautiful areas of Tuscany, known all over the world not only for its famous wine, but also for its landscapes and vineyards, olive trees and cypresses surrounding churches, castles and villages hidden in the hills.
In the heart of Chianti you'll visit a famous winery with a castle, led by a winemaker in the historic cellars where the famous barrels of Chianti Classico are kept. During the visit you'll discover the secrets of winemaking and will taste four excellent wines, savoring also an extraordinary extra-virgin olive oil and local delicacies.
The tour continues with a stop in the medieval village of Greve, where you can admire the famous main square flanked by arcades and stroll by the shops selling articles and typical products of the Chianti area.
A wonderful hilly route along the Via Chiantigiana will lead you then to a family-run winery where you'll visit the cellars and the barrique room and taste four excellent limited-production Chianti wines and local products.
The tour proceeds then with the visit of Castellina, a picturesque ancient village located on a hilltop and nestled among vineyards and olive groves.
In the evening you will finally reach San Donato in Poggio, an ancient fortified castle town dating back to the XI century, still keeping part of its walls, Medieval and Renaissance buildings, and a splendid Romanesque parish church in the surrounding countryside. In the enchanted atmosphere of this charming village, you could choose between a traditional dinner with a full menu of fresh local products or a steak with excellent Chianti wine.
- Caf Tour's staff assistance at the meeting point
- Tour escort
- Wine tasting (2 wines) with snacks
- Dinner with drinks
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Children 0-3 years old: free of charge
- Children 4-12 years old: reduced fee
In front of Caf Tour & Travel - Gray Line yellow street sign.
- Comfortable shoes suggested
- Please note that the order of the visits may change
- For small groups, up to 8 pax, the tour escort service could be replaced with an English speaking driver-guide service, while maintaining unchanged the entire program of the excursion
- This tour may be conducted in 2 languages
- From April to October
- Tuesday, Friday, Sunday 1.15pm
An in-depth afternoon tour, viewing world-famous paintings, art and landscapes. Starting in the pict...
Over 750 works, the greatest concentration of Florentine monumental sculpture in the world: statues ...
Violet cliffs, red and yellow fishing villages: plunge into the colors of Cinque Terre! Manarola, Ve...
With the help of our greeter (who will give you all the instructions), board your high-speed train t...
We’ll pick you up at the meeting point in the centre of Florence and we’ll drive you in our minivan ...
Come and be the star of a great classic tour through Florence theatrical scenery and along the legen...