Tickets for the Bargello National Museum
- Visit the Museum of Bargello, with a remarkable collection of sculpture and works of art
- Explore Palazzo Bargello, which was the center of the city’s justice system
The Bargello Museum, found in the city of Florence, is part of the group of museums belonging to the Polo Museale Fiorentino and is an art museum dedicated to the "applied" arts. The Bargello museum is found in Palazzo Bargello in the old city and was built in 1255 to be the seat of the city’s administration.
Palazzo Bargello is the name of the building that was designed by architect Lapo Tedesco. The building from administrative offices became home to the city’s police force and so remained from the 16th to the 19th century. It was the center of the city’s justice system and a vast area of the building became the city’s prison. A great part of the Volognana Tower, part of Palazzo Bargello, was where the prisoners were mostly held. Its name is in fact the name of the first prisoner ever to be detained in its dungeons, Geri da Volognana. The tower reaches a good 57 meters and the bell on top was for centuries used to call the city’s men to battle or to announce capital executions. In 1865 the first floor of Palazzo Bargello became a public museum and since then the collection has expanded and value grown exponentially.
National Museum of Bargello
The National Museum of Bargello has its collection divided into various halls that each have a chronological theme generally. Each room is dedicated to a certain century and/or artist. Great artists like Michelangelo Carrand and Donatello, Andrea and Giovanni della Robbia have rooms in this museum dedicated to them and within these halls the art is theirs or of artists to them contemporary. From pre-Renaissance art to the 16th century the collection continues with displays of art of the Islamic Collection, of 15th century sculptures, bronze artifacts, paintings and objects from various historical periods made of precious elements and material.
- Entrance ticket
- Temporary exhibitions
- Citizens aged 18 to 25 years old, from the European Union or from non-EU states subject to reciprocity
Free admission (visitors must pay a pre-ordered ticket in order to skip the lines):
- Children under 18 (children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult)
- Guides and interpreters from European Union states
- ICOM, ICOMOS and ICCROM members
- European Union school groups and their teachers, within the established quotas
- Teachers and students from the following schools: Fine Arts Academies or corresponding institutions in the European Union; Architecture, Cultural Heritage, Education Studies faculties; degree programs on literary subjects with an Archeology or Art History focus; Art faculties and corresponding courses in EU member states
- Teachers with permanent and temporary contracts at Italian state and private schools (showing at the ticket office appropriate documentation issued by the MIUR or a self-certification with identity document)
- Disabled people and escorts
Museo Nazionale del Bargello
Via del Proconsolo, 4
- The timeslot you choose in the calendar is mandatory for the entrance
- Confirmation is sent via email within 24 hours from purchase on working days
- Every day from 8.15am to 1.50pm (the ticket office closes at 1.00pm)
- From 9 April to 4 November: 8.15am - 5.00pm (the ticket office closes at 4.00pm)
- Closed on 2nd and 4th Sunday of each month; 1st, 3rd and 5th Monday of each month; New Year’s Day, May 1st and Christmas Day
- The museum adheres to the first Sunday of the month of free opening
An in-depth afternoon tour, viewing world-famous paintings, art and landscapes. Starting in the pict...
Over 750 works, the greatest concentration of Florentine monumental sculpture in the world: statues ...
Violet cliffs, red and yellow fishing villages: plunge into the colors of Cinque Terre! Manarola, Ve...
With the help of our greeter (who will give you all the instructions), board your high-speed train t...
We’ll pick you up at the meeting point in the centre of Florence and we’ll drive you in our minivan ...
Come and be the star of a great classic tour through Florence theatrical scenery and along the legen...