Half-day tour to Byzantium from Istanbul
- Visit the seat of Orthodox Christianity at Patriarchate at Fener
- Enter the Church of Panagia of Blachernae best known for its shrine of the Holy Virgin
- See the mosaics and frescoes in St. Savior in Chora
- View Tekfur Palace, Blachernae and the Byzantine City walls
Travel back in history on a half-day tour from Istanbul enteringr the naval harbor of the Byzantines and see the Golden Horn, St Savior in Chora, Anemas Dungeions, Tekfur Palace, the Byzantine City Walls and much more!
In the Natural naval harbor of the Byzantines see the Golden Horn, named because of its hornlike shape and golden reflection of the glittering waves under sunshine when viewed from the hill tops. Visit the Patriarchate at Fener which is the seat of Orthodox Christianity since Constantine The Great’ s declaration of Christianity as the religion of Roman Empire.
Enter the Church of Panagia of Blachernae, the best known and most celebrated shrine of the Holy Virgin famed with the “Hagiasma” (holy water) and the “Hagion Lousma” (sacred bath). See St. Savior in Chora (Kariye Museum), originally a Byzantine monastery with fantastic mosaics and frescoes portraying scenes from the bible, the life and miracles of Jesus.
Walk around the Anemas Dungeons (from outside) were part of the Blachernae Palace, unique in the world with its historical and architectural structure. Consisting of 14 separate dungeons, each having 2 basements below sea-level with cells for the prisoners and two towers. It was used as a prison for high ranked statesmen. View Tekfur Palace (from outside) built in the 12th century adjacent to the city walls, the only surviving pavillion of the Blachernae Palace and the Byzantine City Walls surrounding the acropolis of Byzantium with 22 km long fortification with 96 towers and 9 main gates dating back to the 5th century.
During your tour you will visit:
- Patriarchate at Fener
- Church of Panagia of Blachernae
- St. Savior in Chora
- Anemas Dungeons
- Tekfur Palace
- Byzantine City Walls
- Golden Horn
- Pick-up and drop off (only available from central located hotels)
- Air conditioned transportation
- Guidance by multilingual guide
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (optional)
- Infants aged (0-2): free
- Children aged (3-7): reduced
Sultan Ahmet, Küçük Ayasofya Cd. No:14, 34122 Fatih/İstanbul, Turkey
Please confirm the pick-up location and time directly with the local operator. You can find their contact information in the voucher after booking. If pick-up is not available at your hotel meet your tour in front of Tamara Restaurant at old City at 2.00pm.
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION: please confirm the pick up place and time directly with the local operator. You can find their contact information in the voucher after booking
- Guided tour duration is approximately 3 hours
- Maximum of 20 people per tour group
- Tour operates on Tuesdays at 2.00pm
- Be ready for pick-up 10 minutes prior to tours departure
- Please confirm the pick-up place (only available from central located hotels) and time directly with the local operator. You can find their contact information in the voucher after booking
Discover Istanbul and its fascinating ottoman relics with this half-day afternoon tour. The tour wil...
Try Turkish life with a family meal and an evening mingling with locals at some of their favorite pl...
Get the most out of Istanbul in the company of an expert local guide. As you tour Istanbul, your gui...
This will not only be a culinary walk but also a stroll through the city’s Asian side to discover it...
Enjoy a half day, afternoon tour to visit Dolmabahce Palace, the royal residence of the Ottoman Sult...
Enjoy the fun with the spectacular & magical world of Isfanbul Theme Park! The capital of entertainm...