Shore excursion: discover the historic center of Lisbon
- Unravel the districts of Lisbon in a walking tour with an Italian native guide.
- Visit Rossio, Baixa, Mouraria, Graça and Alfama
Come with us and discover one of the most fascinating capitals in Europe. Follow the native Italian guide through the streets of Lisbon and breathe the relaxed yet cosmopolitan atmosphere of this city overlooking the Atlantic Ocean.
The tour begins at the Dom Pedro IV Square, which everyone calls Rossio Square, located in the Baixa district. Rossio was destroyed by the 1755 earthquake, which affected this area most of all. Closed on three sides, Rossio is home to the former Palace of the Inquisition, now Teatro Nacional Dona Maria II, which dates back to 1840.
From here we will visit Mouraria, the ancient Arab district, which stretches from Martin Moniz Square to the Castle of São Jorge. Mouraria is the multiethnic heart of the city: it will surprise you with the continuous alternation of tile-decorated facades and old decadent palaces inhabited by people of African and Asian origin.
We'll then go up to Graça Hill, where we will visit the ancient Castle of São Jorge, from which you will discover a magnificent miradouro, a lookout point overlooking the Alfama Hill. You will also be able to admire the Sé, also known as Lisbon's Cathedral.
We will continue the tour gliding through the maze of alleys (becos) and irregular squares of Alfama, Lisbon's most typical and charming quarter. Here, in the night between the 12th and 13th of June, the statue of St. Anthony - the city's patron saint - is carried in procession through the wards. All districts come alive with open-air parties, music, dancing, garlands and colorful balloons, while you can feel the smell of roasted sardines and fresh basil everywhere.
Then we will finally head to Chiado, the most cultural and elegant district in Lisbon, especially loved by Fernando Pessoa, and Bairro Alto, the heart of bohemian local life.
Why should cruiser lovers choose Musement?
- Because we always provide a multilingual guide (Italian, English, French, Spanish and others)
- Because a small group tour offers an entirely different experience as compared to large groups
- Because ours is a real Tour (with a capital T)
- Multilingual guides
- Admission fee to the visited sites
- Transport from/to the port
- Anything not mentioned under "Included"
- Children ages 0-2: free
- Children ages 3-10: reduced
R. da Cintura do Porto de Lisboa, 1350-352 Lisboa, Portugal
Meeting point: the guide will be waiting for you right after custom control. The tour begins 45 minutes after the arrival of the ship.
- Comfortable shoes recommended
- In order to avoid excessive crowds at some points and depending to the closing days of visited attractions, the order of visited locations may vary
- Please note: if the minimum number of tour participants is not reached, the customer will be offered an alternative booking date or a full refund.
- The tour is available on the day cruises arrive in the harbor and at the times determined by the cruise company
Lisbon is a vibrant and seductive city where the old charm coexists perfectly with the avant-garde. ...
Do not miss a visit to the triumphal Rua Augusta Arch which has always impressed those roaming Lisbo...
Located in Belém, the Berardo Collection Museum (Museu Coleção Berardo) is the main Modern and Conte...
???????? Para muitos, fevereiro é o mês do amor. Para nós, é a estreia das matinés no ano novo de 20...
[PT] A terceira vez da Fuse All Night no Lisboa Rio é feita ao som de Joshmo, Nox e Gilvaia. Em plen...