Private Lucerne city walking tour
- Enjoy a private guided tour to the classic highlights of Lucerne
- Walk to the Musegg wall, the town fortification built in the Middle Ages
- See the façade paintings at Hirschenplatz and the Wine Market in the heart of Old Town
- Cross the river on the world-famous Chapel Bridge
See Lucerne’s must-see sights and lesser-known gems in just a couple of hours. The ideal tour if you’re short on time, this classic Lucerne city walk covers everything you need to know about the city. Explore with your own private guide and ask as many questions as you like while you go, discovering the Lion Monument, Musegg Wall, and even the inside of Ritter Palace.
With a mix of medieval and modern architecture, Lucerne ranks among the most culturally and historically exciting cities in Switzerland. On this walking tour, leave the map behind and navigate the city with ease. Visit top attractions including the 14th-century Musegg Wall and the 16th-century Ritterscher Palace—with entry fees included. Delve into Lucerne’s history in the Old Town and enjoy personal attention from your guide on this small-group tour, limited to 12 people.
Take the public bus to the Lion square where you will see the Bourbaki Museum and get some brief information about it. A few steps further you reach the world famous Lion Monument, which reminds you of the fallen Swiss mercenaries during the French Revolution and receive brief historical background information about the mercenary service, the most valuable Swiss export good of the early modern period.
After, walk to the Musegg wall, the town fortification built in the Middle Ages. You visit the Schirmer Tower and the Clock Tower and hear about the most interesting things from that time. Continue to the heart of the Old Town and see the façade paintings at Hirschenplatz and the Wine Market. Here you will learn why the old city fountains carry the best water of Lucerne and you can taste it yourself at the oldest fountain in the city.
At the Corn Market you will see the Town Hall and Tower dating back to the early 17th century and stroll through the legendary Furrengasse and cross the river on the world-famous Chapel Bridge to the 17th century Jesuit Church, the first Baroque church in Switzerland.
Finally, reach the Ritter Palace for a visit inside. You will learn about the history of this florentine Palazzo dating back to the 16th Century and enjoy a guided tour through the “Danse Macabre” a seven paintings gallery by Jakob von Wyl. (except on Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays when the Ritter Palace is closed and cannot be visited inside).
- Private city walking tour with a local guide
- Entrance fees
- All other services as per description
- Bus ticket, if applicable
- Gratuities (optional)
Meet your guide in the lobby of your hotel. Please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator. You can find their contact information in the voucher after booking.
- Maximum of 12 people per tour group
- Note that there is a minimum booking number of 12 guests for this tour (prices shown are priced per person)
- Should you wish to take a private tour with less than 12 people, you may, but you will still be asked to pay the full group price for 12 people
- Please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator. You can find their contact information in the voucher after booking
- Approximately 2.5 km walking distance
- From your meeting point choose to walk or take the public bus to the Lion Square
- When you check in at a hotel in Lucerne, you should receive a free public transportation ticket for the entire stay. Please bring this ticket with you to travel to Old Town. If you do not have a ticket, the cost for your bus ticket is at your expense
- Please see calendar for exact dates available
- Tours are available at 8.00am, 10.00am, 12.00pm, 2.00pm and 4.00pm
Mount Pilatus is located near Lucerne and can be reached by a panoramic cable car from Kriens or by ...
You can start your Silver Round Trip by taking the bus from Lucerne to Kriens station (Zentrum Pilat...
Don't miss the highlight of any Swiss holiday on a thrilling and unforgettable full-day excursion to...
Walk to the bike rental station after meeting your guide, Ralf, where after some practice and explan...
As the tour starts you hear the fire horn followed by the invocation pray. The Nightwatchman introdu...
Start from the lobby of your hotel, the Nightwatchman (a guide dressed in medieval attire) introduce...