- Discover the city-museum of Toledo declared UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Explore the amazing architecture that combines style from all periods in history
Located 70 km away from Madrid is Toledo, a beautiful city-museum declared World Heritage Site by UNESCO. It is one of the oldest towns in Europe and has a great artistic beauty and buildings from almost all periods in history (Arabian, Gothic, Mudejar, Renaissance and Baroque style). Toledo is called the “City of the Three Cultures”, since Christians, Muslims and Jews lived there together. In the XVI century, it was also the place of residence of the great painter El Greco. This is a full-day tour that will take you to see the city's main sights and, along with your professional tour guide, you will learn all about the fascinating city of this town.
ITINERARY: This full-day excursion has the same itinerary as the half-day tour but in a more detailed way. Outside view of the Cathedral; Church of St. Tomé with El Entierro del Conde de Orgaz, masterpiece of El Greco; Synagogue of Sta. María la Blanca; Museum of Victorio Macho; Monastery of San Juan de los Reyes; famous technique of damascene (incrustation of precious metals in steel) and panoramic sightseeing of Toledo.
It also includes the inside tour of the CATHEDRAL. Its architecture shows all the stages of Spanish Gothic, and the inside of the building contains a large number of artworks (stained glasses, choir, main chapel, altarpieces, El Greco paintings, etc.) The visit continues with the Mosque of Cristo de La Luz.
- No Lunch
- Tourist lunch that consists in Vegetable stew, veal cutting with green beans and french fries, vanilla ice-cream with fruit salad (drinks not included).
- Typical lunch that starts with appetizers and Castillian tapas, continues with roasted lamb with vegetables followed by a dessert of truffeled cake with ice-cream (drinks included: wine, mineral water and coffee)
- Air conditioned motor coach
- Multilingual official guide
- Entrance to Church of St. Tomé
- Entrance to Synagogue of Santa Maria la Blanca
- Entrance to Monastery of San Juan de los Reyes
- Entrance to Cathedral of Toledo
- Entrance to Mosque of El Cristo de la Luz (from 1st April 2017)
- Lunch, beverages or other services not specified above
- Infants: 0-5 years old: free (meals and consumptions not included)
- Children: 6-15 years old: reduced
- Senior +65: reduced
Calle San Nicolás, 15, 28013 Madrid, Spain
Julia Travel office at San Nicolás street N. 15 (corner with Plaza de Ramales)
- Due to the amount of walking you will be doing in Toledo, we strongly suggest you wear comfortable shoes
- From April to October: Daily / From November to MArch: Tue, Thu, Sat & Sun
- Departure time: 9.00 AM / Check-in: 8.45 AM
This full-day tour, with departure from Madrid, will take you to two of the most famous cities aroun...
Visit Toledo and Segovia and admire the main attractions of these two cities, as they are some of th...
Located 70 km away from Madrid is Toledo, a beautiful city-museum declared World Heritage Site by UN...
Combine 2 half-day tours.In this tour you will visit the Royal Monastery of El Escorial, an architec...
The Monastery of El Escorial was built under the reign of the powerful King Philip II as a residence...
This adventure starts at 9:00 at Madrid Atocha train station where you will take the high speed trai...
In this tour we will visit the Royal Monastery of El Escorial, an architectural ensemble declared a ...
The Monastery of El Escorial was built under the reign of the powerful King Philip II to be a reside...
Enjoy a 90 minutes Hammam Experience!Feel the contrasts of the water on your skin, a perfect sensati...
Begin your Madrid tapas tour at a popular market right in the centre of the city, the perfect place ...