Caminito del Rey day trip from Málaga
- Discover Gaitanes gorge's natural location
- Explore the Conde de Guadalhorce Dam, the main water reserve in the province of Málaga
- Admire the Gorge Desfiladero de los Gaitanes
If you are looking for an amazing experience along with spectacular views, visit the breathtaking path of El Caminito del Rey (The King’s Little Pathway). From the meeting point in the Costa del Sol (direction Marbella), you will take the route Ojen-Monda-Ardales.
Once you have arrived at the Conde de Guadalhorce Dam, the main water reserve in the province of Málaga, your guide will explain you all about the history of the Natural Area of Desfiladero de los Gaitanes. The Gorge Desfiladero de los Gaitanes is a canyon, carved by the river Guadalhorce, placed in the centre of the province. The northern access to it is via Guadalhorce reservoirs and the southern is via El Chorro. The construction of a water channel from the reservoirs in the North to El Chorro was carried out together with a path for maintaining the channel. This one is known as El Caminito del Rey because it was first opened by King Alfonso XIII. This path, about 3 kilometers long, has stretched of less than one meter wide and it is hanging about 100 meters high above the Guadalhorce river. It has just been refurbished, and it goes along vertical walls and a footbridge over the gorge on the same waterway.
- Air conditioned motor-coach
- Multilingual guide
- Entrance fee for the Caminito del Rey
- Guided tour of the Caminito del Rey
- Travel insurance
- Lunch, beverages or other services not specified
- Children 8-11 years old
Avenida de Andalucia
Please contact Julià Travel 48 hours prior to your tour departure date to re-confirm your booking and pick-up point details at 0034 95 210 5996.
- The estimated time for this route is between 2.5 hours and 3 hours walking, so it is essential to wear comfortable clothes and shoes
- The entrance is forbidden for people aged less than 8 years old
- This path is not recommended for people with reduced mobility, or for people who might suffer from dizziness
- Bring water and some snacks
- There are no toilets along the path
Every Wednesday and Friday at 8.45am
The beautiful city of Málaga is located in the very west of the Mediterranean sea and in the south o...
Visit the Nigerian Women Association and see the beautiful city of Málaga from a unique perspective....
Don't miss out on this exclusive foodie experience, which combines a fun-filled market tour with a c...
Join this tour for an authentic experience, where you will learn about the traditions and customs th...
Málaga has more museums than any other city in Andalucia, and one of the most notable ones is defini...
Spend a day at Finca La Melonera, one of Ronda’s most fascinating wineries. The area around Ronda ha...