- Run face forward, down a seven story building
- Relax with the highest safety standards adhered to at all times
- Use your courage to run down a sheer vertical surface
Rap jumping is forward abseiling – it’s just like running face-first down the side of a building. Unlike Spiderman, however, you’ll be strapped in safely and holding onto a rope. Rap jumping, or rappelling, was originally used in the Australian military, enabling soldiers to descend face-first down a cliff in order to see where they were going. Today it is rarely used, but this abseiling run will give you the chance to participate in this breathtaking experience safely and under the supervision of an expert. On the day of your rappelling experience, you’ll be met by your expert guides in the heart of Melbourne.
When it’s your turn to sail down the wall, your guide will attach you to the necessary safety equipment. Before long you’ll be teetering on the edge of a sheer vertical surface, with nothing but your courage and the faraway ground in front of you! Three jumps are included in this experience and cameras are welcome. You will be able to take photos from the top of the building or from the ground.
Rap jumping follows the strictest guidelines in safety procedures, and you will be fully instructed and provided with all the approved equipment and descending gear on the day. A marshal controls the safety from the top of the building and a brake person controls the bottom of the building, ensuring a perfectly safe rappel. All you have to do is muster your sense of adventure and live out your superhero fantasies as you advance on this thrilling descent, headlong to meet the ground.
- Safety harness
- Comfortable helmet
- 3 jumps/forward abseil (rappel)
- Professional training
- Food and drink
- Transport to and from the venue
Children 7-17 years of age: reduced
334 City Rd, Southbank VIC 3006, Australia
Please meet in the carpark of Urban Central - parking is not available at the venue
- This tour will operate with a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 15 people in the group
- Participants must be at least 7 years of age to participate
- In the case of poor weather, the experience provider may need to reschedule your experience for a later date
- Please wear comfortable clothing suitable for the outdoor activity, such as gym gear, and soft, secure footwear such as sneakers
- All safety equipment will be provided on the day
- You will need to sign a waiver or indemnity on the day
- If you are pregnant, asthmatic or have a heart condition you will be required to complete further documentation
- Monday - Friday at 12.00pm
- Saturday and Sunday at 10.00am, 12.00pm, 2.00pm
- Please allow approximately 2 hours for this experience
Este recorrido lo llevará a través de la costa más impresionante del mundo. Saliendo de Melbourne, p...
Todas las noches al anochecer, los Little Penguins regresan a casa desde el mar en Phillip Island . ...
Únete a nosotros en una investigación de 2 horas sobre los fantasmas del cementerio de Southport. De...
Realice la última gira de amantes de los deportes con MCG, Rod Laver Arena * y el Museo Nacional del...
El día de su introducción al rappel, se encontrará con guías expertos en el corazón de Melbourne. Un...
Australian Open - Evening: Men's Semi-Final - Evening 24-01-2019 Melbourne VIC 3004, Australia E-Tic...