The Godfather and Taormina tour from Messina
- Visit the place where Francis Ford Coppola filmed some important scenes of 'The Godfather' film
- Discover the magical Taormina
- Enjoy a day to discover a part of Sicily
A must for the lovers of 'The Godfather' is undoubtedly the ancient village of Savoca (40 km away from Messina) which rises up on a hill, about 300 mt on the sea level between the rivers Agrò and Savoca. In 1972, some of the scenes from the famous film 'The Godfather' were shot here by Francis Ford Coppola with famous actors such as Al Pacino and Marlon Brando. In the film you can see the church of St. Nicholas, the streets of the historic centre and the palace Trimarchi where the Bar Vitelli, mentioned in the novel written by Mario Puzo was reproduced. Today Savoca has become very popular thanks to its picturesque places and especially the Bar Vitelli (which still has its old sign "Bar Vitelli") which still keeps the architectural and aesthetic features of the past when the famous scenes were filmed.
The tour continues to the charming Taormina with its ancient Corso Umberto, the Greek-Roman Theatre (that you can visit on request), and its exclusive shops. A walk along the narrow and picturesque streets is a must to discover the beauties of the pearl of the Mediterranean.
For those who leave from Messina at the end of the tour there will be a short visit of the historic center of the city: the square of the cathedral with the biggest astronomical clock in the world, the church of the Catalans which is an extraordinary example of Arab-Norman art and the panoramic terrace between the Shrine of Christ the King and the Sanctuary of Montalto where you can admire the Strait of Messina.
- Transport by air-conditioned bus
- Walking tour
- Professional guide
- Live commentary on board
- On board assistant only (on request)
- Entrance fees (for example: the visit of the Greek Theatre)
- Entrance fees
- Entrance fees
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Infant (0-5 years old): free
- Child (6-12 years old): reduced
Via I Settembre, 110, 98122 Messina ME, Italy
The meeting point will be OUT OF THE EXIT GATE OF THE PORT TERMINAL where our guide will wait you with a signboard on which you will see our symbol: a lion head.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- A minimum number of 8 people per tour applies. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- A maximum of 54 people per booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant meals not included
- Cellular number required
- Departure times are set according to arrival of cruise ships
- Please provide a personal e-mail
- The meeting time is settled based on the arrival of the cruise ships (for example: if the cruise ship arrives at 8.00am the tour will start at 8.30am; or if the cruise ship arrives at 9.00am the tour will start at 9.30am etc.)
- The departure times are also settled based on the arrivals of the cruise ships and usually, the tours starts 30 minutes after disembarkation (for example if the ship arrives at 8.00am we will start the tour 8.30am etc.)
- For customers who are not passengers of a cruise ship the departure of the tours and the meeting point will be settled according to their needs and according to our already existing bookings
The first step is the visit of Castelmola, a picturesque village just above Taormina. Here you can e...
Join this private walking tour led by a local guide to discover the beautiful city of Messina. Just ...
Hop aboard your air-conditioned bus and travel in comfort through the streets as your guide brings t...
In uno dei palazzi storici più belli della città di Messina è nato il mondo di AELTHEA Beauty Club, ...
Embark on a 2-hour walking tour and visit one of Sicily's most ancient cities. The tour will start a...
Book a private lunch or dinner at Messina, attend the show cooking and discover the flavors of real ...
Attend a private cooking class in the morning or in the afternoon, learn the secrets of the Messina ...
Go food shopping like a local! Enjoy the distinctive Italian local market and learn how to recognize...
Visit the vibrant local market and the traditional food shops with the Cesarina and immerse yourself...
Attend a private cooking class in the morning or in the afternoon, learn the secrets of the Taormina...