The Godfather and Taormina tour from Messina
- Visit the place where Francis Ford Coppola filmed some important scenes of "The Godfather" film
- Discover the magical Taormina
- Enjoy a day to discover a part of Sicily
A must for the lovers of 'The Godfather' is undoubtedly the ancient village of Savoca (40 km away from Messina) which rises up on a hill, about 300 mt on the sea level between the rivers Agrò and Savoca. Here in 1972 some scenes of the famous film 'The Godfather' were shot by Francis Ford Coppola with some famous actor such as Al Pacino and Marlon Brando. In the film you can see the church of St. Nicholas, the streets of the historic centre and the palace Trimarchi where the Bar Vitelli, mentioned in the novel written by Mario Puzo was reproduced. Today Savoca has become very popular thanks to its picturesque places and especially the Bar Vitelli (where there is still the old sign "Bar Vitelli") which still keeps the architectural and aesthetic features of the past when the famous scenes were filmed.
The tour continues to the charming Taormina with its ancient Corso Umberto, the Greek-Roman theatre ( that you can visit on request) , its exclusive shops. A walk along its narrow and picturesque streets is a must to discover the beauties of the pearl of the Mediterranean.
For those who leave from Messina at the end of the tour there will be a short visit of the historic centre of the city: the square of the cathedral with the biggest astronomical clock in the world, the church of the Catalans which is an extraordinary example of Arab-Norman art and the panoramic terrace between the Shrine of Christ the King and the Sanctuary of Montalto where you can admire the Strait of Messina.
- Transport by air-conditioned bus
- Walking tour
- Professional guide
- Live commentary on board
- board assistant only (on request)
- Entrance fees ( for example: the visit of the Greek Theatre )
- Entrance fees
- Entrance fees
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Infant (0-5 years old): free
- Child (6-12 years old): reduced
Via I Settembre, 110, 98122 Messina ME, Italy
The meeting point will be OUT OF THE EXIT GATE OF THE PORT TERMINAL where our guide will wait you with a signboard on which you will see our symbol: a lion head.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Minimum number of 8 people per tour applies. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund’
- A maximum of 54 people per booking
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- Infant meals not included.
- Cellular number required
- departure times are set according to arrival of cruise ships
- please provide a personal e- mail
- The meeting time is settlend based on the arrival of the cruise ships ( for example: if the cruise ship arrives at 8:00 AM the tour will start at 8:30 AM; or if the cruise ship arrives at 9:00 AM the tour will start 9:30 AM, etc)
- The departure times are also settled based on the arrivals of the cruise ships and usually the tours starts 30 minutes after disembarkation ( for example: the ship arrives at 8:00 AM we will start the tour 8:30 AM, etc)
- For the customers which are not passengers of a cruise ship the departure of the tours and the meeting point will be settled according to their needs and according to our already existing bookings.
The first step is the visit of Castelmola, a picturesque village just above Taormina. Here you can e...
Join this private walking tour led by a local guide to discover the beautiful city of Messina. Just ...
Hop on one of the buses and discover the welcoming city of Messina, often called the "door of Sicily...
Easily reach Taormina from Messina with our shuttle bus round trip within the day! Upon arrival in T...
Enjoy a minicruise to discover the Aeolian Islands, an archipelago of seven islands north of Sicily,...
On this tour, enjoy the possibility to visit the Capital of the "Baroque", a UNESCO heritage since 2...
Leave Messina's busy city life and spend your day visiting two of Sicily's most unique destinations:...
Argimusco – the "Sicilian Stonehenge" – is the perfect destination for lovers of nature and trekking...
Two civilizations - the Greek and the Roman - in one excursion. During this tour you will have the o...
Take a peaceful mini-cruise to explore two of the most famous Aeolian Islands, a UNESCO world herita...