- Save your money combining two Duomo tours at a discounted price
- Visit the Cathedral inside and also the underground archaeological site
- Take the lift to the rooftop terraces and enjoy stunning views over the city
- Join a unique immersive virtual tour of the square in the 18th century
Combine two Milan Duomo tours at a discounted price! Enjoy a complete and exhaustive 2,5-hour guided tour of the inside of the Duomo, including its crypt and the impressive rooftops above to get an amazing view of the city skyline. A professional English-speaking guide will share with you her knowledge about art and history and tell you stories of ancient rituals, curiosities and anecdotes about this imposing monument. Then take your chance to live a unique immersive experience wearing a 3D virtual reality headset. Enhancing your visit is a free included option!
Milan Duomo tour + free optional virtual reality experience
Meet your licensed tour guide in Piazza del Duomo and start visiting the impressive gothic Cathedral. Inspect the endless details of its façade and admire its statues, spires, bizarre gargoyles and many other oddities. After an overview of the Cathedral outside, take your chance to enhance your tour with a time travel! Wear your 3D headsets and dive into the past so you can visit the Piazza del Duomo as it was in the 18th century thanks to a short 3D Virtual Reality reproduction of the square (it’s a free included option).
Then enjoy fast access to the largest Italian cathedral and marvel at this imposing monument. Your tourist guide is ready to focus on the countless statues, the decorations, the colourful stained-glass windows that tireless craftsmen designed along the centuries and be amazed while hearing about the stories of the “Holy Nail” from Jesus’ True Cross or the Sundial Trail and its zodiac signs. Stroll along the aisles, reach the main altar and pay homage to the tomb of Saint Charles Borromeo, one of Milan holy patrons, host inside the crypt below.
Now have a 15-minutes break before you enjoy the stunning views of Milan from above! You can spend this free time at your disposal to descend to the underground archaeological site and discover an unexpected early Christian architecture set down the cathedral, including an octagonal baptistery and ancient tombs.
Rooftop tour of Milan Duomo
Make your way to the elevator entrance with your expert local guide, take the lift and enjoy the unforgettable experience of walking on the roof of the magnificent Duomo Cathedral. The overall size of this Gothic architecture is impressive and its flying buttresses and the white marble make it a one-of-a-kind! On the roof of Italy’s largest cathedral, and one of the biggest in the world, you can enjoy exciting views of Milan and on a clear day you may even see as far as the Italian Alps, the mountains separating Italy from Switzerland!! Over 3.400 statues and 135 spires await to be unveiled and it is definitely best seen from above!
Climb nearly 50 steps to reach the highest level on the roof and be ready to admire stunning views of the Milanese skyline, including the brand new upcoming skyscarapers. End your visit admiring the golden statute of the Virgin Mary, shining bright on top of the major spire. Still not tired? Feel free to extend at your pleasure the Milan Duomo discovery visiting the Duomo Museum by using your included free pass (valid for 3 days).
- Fast-lane admission ticket to the Duomo cathedral (inside)
- Duomo rooftop tickets and reservation fees
- Professional guide
- Use of headphones (if there are more than 5 people)
- Use of virtual reality headsets
- Food and drinks
- Pick-up and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
Piazza Duomo, under the arches of the Benetton Store, on the right hand side of the square when facing the front entrance (façade) of the Cathedral
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. It is extremely recommended to wear comfortable shoes
- During hot days it is recommended to wear a sun hat
- Due to increased security measures at the Duomo some lines may form. Additionally, strict rules apply to enter the church (no knives, no scissors, no glass bottles etc.)
- The elevator has a maximum capacity of 7 people, so you may encounter a line to get to the roof
- In case of bad weather conditions or unavoidable circumstances that make the virtual reality experience impracticable, an extended visit of the cathedral will be offered according to the advertised total length of the tour
- Morning tour: from Thursday to Saturday 9.30am
- Afternoon tour: from Thursday to Sunday 2.00pm
If you really want to visit Milan, you have to see its world-famous Cathedral first. This Skip the L...
The Milan Pass is a new exclusive opportunity for visitors: a 48-hour city card that offers the best...
Enjoy an exclusive tour in the heart of Milan with a guided visit of the La Scala Museum and Theatre...
Milan like Venice? Less than a century ago, Milan was a city on the water, crossed by waterways, fit...
Built mostly between the 12th and 16th centuries, the "navigli", navigable man-made canals, once con...
Enjoy a day of complete relaxation and wellbeing: get yourself pampered with the treatments and cour...
Choose this 2-hour walking tour and dive into the unexpected Renaissance side of Milan. Start with t...
Milan, 1498. Ludovico called “il Moro” encourage French army in Italy to use them against his enemie...
Live the life of a Star, while you are photographed by the paparazzo, in the city of Milan with your...
Immerse yourself in a full-day experience filled with romanticism, "dolce vita" and refreshments in ...