Great Women of New York walking tour
- Discover stories of originating from the Lenape Indians matriarchs – the original Native American inhabitants
- Hear of the heroism of women who laid foundation for the greatness of NYC
- Learn the importance of female figures such as social justice crusaders, philanthropists and 9/11 heroes
Women have shaped every aspect of the city’s growth since before it was founded. This tour explores the pivotal role women have played in the development of NYC and tells the hidden stories of the female pioneers whose contributions made this city into a great metropolis.
The story begins with the history of matriarchs of the Lenape Indians, the original Native American inhabitants. Your guides will then tell the stories of women trailblazers including the only women to start a village in colonial America, the first woman to be injured in fighting during the Revolutionary war, enslaved women, woman suffragists, Wall Street pioneers, religious leaders, ground breaking writers, social justice crusaders, philanthropists and 9/11 heroes.
- Children (ages 5-11)
- Seniors (ages 65+)
Museum of the American Indian, 1 Bowling Green, New York, NY 10004
Please meet your guide at the bottom of the steps in front of the Museum of the American Indian 15 minutes prior to tour departure with a printed copy of your voucher.
- Please bring a printed copy of your voucher
- Mondays from March – December at 10.00am
- This tour does not run Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, the Friday after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day
- Please try to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to tour departure time
See the best parts of Manhattan on this 6-hour tour on a Double-decker bus. You’ll be taken all over...
Experience a New York Sightseeing cruise like never before. Step aboard the 1920s inspired motor yac...
Come on board the America 2.0– a modern tribute to the first boat that won America's Cup in 1851. Al...
Enjoy a 1-day complete guided tour and get to know the most important places in New York.Take a tour...
If you want to see the Statue of Liberty but you aren’t interested in getting up early to catch the ...
Experience the best of New York City with these convenient packages! This tour package will provide ...