Harlem Gospel Sunday bus tour with brunch option
- Take a guided bus tour of historic Harlem with a live tour guide
- See the famous Apollo Theater and the Cotton Club
- Attend a Sunday morning gospel service
Learn about Harlem from its origins as a rural Dutch community to its transformation into a summer retreat for New York's most prominent families. Journey into the past and see the African-American Mecca for writers and artists at the turn of the century. Hear about Harlem's troubled past during the 1960's and 1970's and view its present-day community beam with pride as it revels in Harlem's renaissance.
See famous NYC sights and landmarks such as Columbia University, City College, Morningside Heights, the Morris Jumel Mansion, Sylvan Terrace, Strivers Row, the Cotton Club, the Apollo Theater, the Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture, Sugar Hill, Duke Ellington's apartment, the famous 125th street and many more. End your tour of Harlem by joining a local congregation* for the Sunday worship mass service and experience the soul-stirring power of gospel music with a live gospel choir!
If you are not available on Sunday, join the Harlem Gospel Wednesday bus tour!
- Live guided tour
- Brunch (unless selected at checkout)
- Meals and beverages
- Gratuity (optional)
- Hotel pickup and dropoff
Children ages 3-11
Harlem Spirituals office, 690 Eighth Avenue New York, NY 10036 (between 43rd St. and 44th St.)
- For wheelchair accessibility, please contact Harlem Spirituals at least 1 month in advance
- This tour is available in English, French, German, Italian, Spanish and Portuguese based on the number of participants for each language
- You can select brunch option at checkout
- Tours can be run in two languages
- Out of respect for the congregants, please do not wear shorts, tank tops and flip flops
- Cameras and camcorders are not allowed inside the church
- Tours in English: departure at 9.30 a.m
- Tours in French, German, Italian, Spanish and Portuguese: departure at 9.00am
- Tour duration may vary depending on the length of the church service
Wednesday’s Harlem tour will take you past some of Harlem's most famous landmarks - nostalgic remind...
From the producer of The Lion King, the beloved story of Aladdin comes to thrilling theatrical life ...
If you have never been to an authentic gospel service, look no further. This 4-hour tour first leads...
Blue Man Group will rock your world, blow your mind, and unleash your spirit. Leave your expectation...
King Kong is coming to Broadway November 2018.From Jack Thorne, the acclaimed writer of Harry Potter...
New York City in action from the best seat in the house. The Ride is a unique, interactive experienc...
For over 25 years, Phantom of the Opera has been the Broadway musical all others are measured agains...
From the Tony Award®-winning creators of the Broadway classic Ragtime, and inspired by the beloved f...
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC ENCOUNTER: OCEAN ODYSSEY is a ground-breaking immersive entertainment experience...
Whether you are a tourist or a local, a family or a group of friends, this tour is the perfect oppor...