Get ready to explore the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Hadrian's Wall and learn about its fascinating history. On this half-day tour, you'll focus on the fort at the east end of the wall, Segendnum, which will allow you to step into the Roman world thanks to its fantastic reconstructions of the Roman way of life. You'll then go to the Great North Museum in Newcastle which has one of the largest collections of Roman artefacts in the North of Britain. Your guide will interpret these and give you an insight into Roman life at the northern frontier of the Empire. If you love history and want to learn more about the Romans while staying close to the urban area, then this tour is for you!
Hadrian's Wall half-day tour
Availability: Monday to Saturday
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: up to 4 hours
Safety measures applied
Subject expert guide
Do this because
- Step back in time and see how the Romans lived at Hadrian's Wall
- Visit the Great North Museum in Newcastle and discover fascinating Roman artefacts
- Dive into history with your expert guide
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- Tour of Arbeia and Segedunum Roman Forts
- Children (age 6-13)
- Teenager (age 14-17)
3 Neville St, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 5DL, UK
Please meet your guide at the Central Station on Neville Street.
What to remember
- While Segedunum is open throughout the year, Arbiea closes for winter. Between the 30 September and 30 March, you'll visit the Great North Museum Hancock instead, which contains many amazing Roman findings
- The terrain can be steep, uneven and even slippery in places. Please wear comfortable walking shoes and dress appropriately
- When booking, please let us know if children under 6 years of age will be travelling with you
- This tour runs from Monday to Saturday at 9.30am and 1.00pm
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 3 days before the activity begins.