Immerse yourself in Newcastle’s rich past and handsome architecture on a 2-hour walking tour around its historical highlights. As you stroll, learn about the city’s Roman, Norman and mercantile history and admire Grey’s Monument, Grey Street, the Castle Keep and much more. Hear about the Victorian entrepreneurs who made Newcastle an Industrial Revolution powerhouse and discover churches, hidden stairways and a medieval monastery. Take in the revamped Quayside, where cutting-edge venues overlook the River Tyne and absorb the city’s vibrant atmosphere, rooted in the famously friendly natures of the ‘Geordie’ locals.
Historical Tour of Newcastle
Availability: From Monday to Saturday
Duration: 2 hours
Mobile voucher accepted
Do this because
- Immerse yourself in Newcastle’s rich past and handsome architecture
- Learn about the city’s Roman, Norman and mercantile history
- Absorb the city’s vibrant atmosphere
What to expect
- Guided tour
- Children (0-15): reduced
Grey’s Monument on Blackett Street
What to remember
- The terrain on the tour can be uneven and hilly due to Newcastle’s natural topography
- Dress warmly with waterproofs as the weather is always changeable
- If you are booking tickets for a group of people, please remember to select the correct price: select for all your tickets the "small group" price tag if you are booking 2 to 6 tickets, or the "large group" price tag if you are booking 7 to 16 tickets
- When booking, please let us know if children under 6 years of age will be travelling with you
From Monday to Saturday at 10 am and 2 pm
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100 % refund if you cancel up to 3 days before the activity begins.