Take the time to soak up Newcastle's rich history and admire its stunning architecture on this two-hour walking tour. As you stroll through the city, you'll delve into its Roman, Norman and mercantile history while admiring its monuments like the Castle Keep and Earl Grey's Monument. You'll hear about the Victorian entrepreneurs who made Newcastle an industrial revolution powerhouse and discover churches, hidden stairways and a medieval monastery. Then, it's time to take in the revamped Quayside where you can enjoy views of the River Tyne and take in the city's vibrant atmosphere, rooted in the famously friendly nature of the 'Geordie' locals.
Historical tour of Newcastle
Availability: Monday to Saturday
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: up to 2 hours
Safety measures applied
Do this because
- Immerse yourself in Newcastle's rich history and stunning architecture
- Learn about the city's diverse past and soak up its vibrant atmosphere
- Check out the most famous attractions that Newcastle has to offer
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- Guided tour
- Children (age 6-17)
Grey's Monument 150 Grainger St, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 5AF, GB
Please meet your guide at the Earl Grey Monument,
What to remember
- This tour does not include entry to any sites seen on the tour. Your guide can suggest sites and locations to visit as well as restaurants and cafes at the end of your tour
- Please dress warmly with waterproofs as the weather is always changeable and wear comfortable walking shoes
- Please contact the tour provider about any disabilities your group may have as tours can be customised for wheelchairs and those with vision impairments
- When booking, please let us know if children under 6 years of age will be travelling with you
- This tour runs from Monday to Saturday at 10.00am, 2.00pm and 4.00pm
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 3 days before the activity begins.