Audioguided visit of the Château de Fontainebleau with transportation from Paris
- Enjoy a full commentary visit with audioguide
- Stroll through 130-hectare UNESCO listed gardens
- See the castle's collection of Chinese artifacts
Enjoy a half-day excursion to Fontainebleau to visit one of the greatest French châteaux and the only castle inhabited by sovereigns from the 12th to the 19th century. Napoleon was the great restorer of Fontainebleau castle. He completely refurnished it after the Revolution abdicating thereafter in 1814. In his memoirs, he did not hesitate to refer it as the “true home of kings”. The museum that embodies this imperial past is dedicated to him today. Fontainebleau is home to Renaissance masterpieces commissioned by Francis I, the refined interiors of Marie-Antoinette. Napoleon’s ceremonial house, the taste of Napoleon III and Eugenie. Witness the court life of the sovereign, official and private, Fontainebleau embodies the art of French living, better than anywhere else. The Fontainebleau palace and it’s 130 hectare gardens have been listed as world heritage by UNESCO since 1981.
No other chateau has witnessed so much drama, passion and key historical moments as Fontainebleau has. From its beautiful gardens to its fantastically carved galleries, this chateau will leave you breathless. Don't miss the chance to see the entrancing collection of Chinese artifacts in the chateau's Chinese Museum which brings a hint of exotism to the wonders of France.
- Transportation to/from Fontainebleau
- Audioguided visit of the castle
- Pick-up and drop-off
41 Avenue de la Bourdonnais, 75007 Paris, France
- Paris Trip Office located next to the Eiffel Tower
- Metro stops: Ecole Militaire (line 8), Trocadéro (line 6 or 9) or Pont de l'alma (REC C train)
- The Château de Fontainebleau free on the first Sunday of each month, except on july and august
- Confortable shoes are recommended
- Audioguide available in 11 languages : French, English, Spanish, German, Dutch, Polish, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Japanese and Chinese
- Every Monday (except on 25th December, 1st January, 1st May)
Departure at 1.40pm
L’Opéra National de RussieTM présente Le Lac des Cygnes, l’un des plus grands chefs-d’œuvre classiqu...
« A 50 balais, le plus dur c’est que t’es un vieux pour les jeunes, et t’es un jeune pour les vieux,...
OLIVIER GIRAUD : HOW TO BECOME A PARISIAN IN ONE HOUR? Devenez un vrai parisien dans les magasins, r...
Boléro de Ravel et 9ème Symphonie de Beethoven Orchestre Helios Choeur Tempestuoso Direction Jean Ch...