Paris Catacombs skip-the-line ticket with audioguide
- Skip the line ticket to get easily into the Catacombs of Paris
- Immerse yourself into this incredible underground world in Paris
- An unforgettable travel through dark paths with walls of skulls and bones
Get skip-the-line priority access and take advantage of an audio-guided tour. Dive into a world unlike any other, and go at your own pace.
The Catacombs date back to the end of the 18th century, around 1788. They were built in the old Tombe-Issoire limestone quarries to move bones from Paris cemeteries that had fallen into ruin. The very first cemetery was Les Innocents, near the Les Halles neighborhood. The last cemetery was cleared in 1814. Stones from the quarries were used to build Notre-Dame Cathedral and the Louvre, and to fortify the city of Paris.
Before entering the winding tunnels, visitors are greeted by a quote: Arrête, c’est ici l’empire de la mort ("Stop, here lies the Empire of Death"), perched above the doors that mark the beginning of a journey back through time. Visitors then walk down 130 steps, some 65 feet underground, to the dark tunnels decorated with bones from Paris cemeteries. On the walls, various phrases, poems and writings—some religious, others not—can be found among the bones, leaving visitors to reflect throughout mile-long tour.
The Paris Catacombs tour takes about 45 minutes. Prepare to climb another 83 steps to get out.
- Admission ticket with skip-the-line priority access
- Audio-guide available in French, English, Spanish, and German
PARISCityVISION Notre-Dame Agency, 7 Rue Lagrange 75005 Paris
Do NOT go directly to the Catacombs! To collect your official tickets for the Catacombs, you MUST exchange your voucher at our PARISCityVISION Notre-Dame agency 15 minutes prior the indicated time.
- The audio-guide lasts about 30 minutes and is available for adults aged 18 and over
- Kids audio-guide available (€5, paid on the spot)
- The entrance to the Catacombs will be 30 minutes after the time indicated. You will have to show up at our PARISCityVISION Notre-Dame agency to get your e-ticket
- Pets are not welcome
- Temperature inside the Catacombs: 14°C (57°F)
- The tour is not recommended for visitors with respiratory or heart conditions, people with sensitivities, or young children
- The Catacombs are not accessible to persons with reduced mobility
- Adult supervision required for children under 14
Tuesday to Sunday
On selected times, please check the calendar
This half day excursion gives you an opportunity to discover Paris's famous tourist sights and monum...
Your trip to Paris is not complete unless you experience dining - the Hard Rock Cafe way. Don’t worr...
Paris is a city with a lot of history and even more attractions so if you want to see the best of it...
Spend a day exploring Paris in a very unusual way. This excursion on foot and river boat will show y...
The full horror of 20th century industrialised warfare was nowhere more intense that in the Somme in...
Come and join us for a day of remembrance. During the day you will discover this part of the Western...