Paris Catacombs tour with access to secret rooms
- Skip the line into the Paris Catacombs, the most visited tourist site in Paris
- Visit areas of the Catacombs usually closed to the public, like a secret chapel
- Discover how 6 million people came to be buried in this city of the dead
Below the streets of Paris lurks an entire secret history of the city’s dead. On this unique storytelling tour, you’ll visit the Paris Catacombs to see the remains of millions of Parisians and learn about the fascinating ways in which this ancient city has dealt with its dead. As you explore these eerie tunnels you also enjoy special access to parts of the Catacombs usually closed to the public and facts and stories from an expert local guide.
Your tour starts by skipping the lines to walk directly into the Catacombs. This vast, underground cemetery is composed of miles of underground tunnels lined with the skulls and bones of some 6 million Parisians. In the company of a local expert guide and a small group of 19 people or fewer you’ll explore this unbelievable city of the dead where each room reveals ever more ornate and macabre bone decorations.
Along the way, you’ll hear the unbelievable story of how the catacombs were built and the massive project that was undertaken to move bones from around the city to this point. Your special-access status means the guards will also open gates just for your group, letting you into areas like a secret chapel ornately decorated with skulls and femurs.
Believe it or not, the Paris Catacombs are just as much a symbol of city at Notre Dame or the Eiffel Tower. They contain bones representing some 2,000 years of history and their construction was a unique civil engineering project that helped give rise to the modern city. If you want to see a different and completely surprising side of the City of Lights, this is the perfect place to start.
- Skip the line access to Paris Catacombs
- Access to special areas of Paris Catacombs
- Small groups of 19 or fewer
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
- Infants (ages 0-3): free (no reservation required)
- Children (ages 4-12)
2 Avenue du Général Leclerc, 75014 Paris, France
- Meet your guide at 2 avenue du Général Leclerc - 75014 Paris
- In front of the Café du Rendez-vous
- Metro stop: Denfert-Rochereau (line 6 and 4)
- Unfortunately, the catacombs are not wheelchair or stroller accessible
- Please be advised that there are 130 steps to the Catacombs. Unfortunately, there is no elevator access. Those with heart problems, claustrophobia, or other medical conditions should take this into consideration before booking this tour.
- Tour Only in English
- See pricing calendar.
SÉRIEUX, ILS FONT LEUR CINEMA ! Où il est montré que Saint-Saëns, Honegger et Dutilleux laissèrent p...
MAHLER - TITANS Mahler ne rêvait que de symphonie et se référa au roman Titan de Jean Paul, l’une de...
STRAVINSKY, PETROUCHKA Le tournant du XIXe et du XXe siècle fut, en musique, une manière d’âge d’or....
MESSIAEN, TURANGALILA « Chanson d'amour, hymne de joie, mouvement, rythme, vie et mort », tels sont ...
GARMONBOZIA présente : BRAINSTORM "Midnight Ghost TOUR" + guest
VINCENT TORTILLER batterie invite : Max Dormon basse, Romain Roussouliere guitare, Auxane Cartigny p...