Bike tour to Karlstejn castle from Prague
- Enjoy a bike trip from Prague to Karlstejn Castle on classical or electric bikes
- Admire the enchanting monumental Gothic architecture
- Amazing views of the stunning country landscape
Your Karlstejn Castle bike tour takes you southwest of Prague along the Vltava and Berounka Rivers and through the Czech countryside to the stunning 14th-century Gothic fortress built by King Charles IV to house the imperial jewels and his collection of holy relics and state documents. Karlstejn Castle, with its enchanting, monumental architecture, is one of the Czech Republic's most-visited castles.
The journey on classic bikes takes approximately 3.5 hours and along the way, you will pass through several villages along the way where you may stop to take photos and enjoy some refreshments. Upon arrival at Karlstejn Village, you will enjoy lunch in a traditional Czech restaurant then leave your bike behind for the 15-minute walk to the castle grounds. Your guide will introduce you to the history of the castle as well as the life of Charles IV and show you around the exterior.
Electric bike riders will stop at the Velká Amerika Canyon, known as the Czech Grand Canyon and view this partially flooded limestone quarry from an observation platform. At Karlstejn, you will have a lunch break then explore the Karlstejn Castle exterior as your guide introduces you to the castle´s history, the life of Charles IV, his era and its cultural impact.
Return to Prague by train, which departs from Karlstejn to Prague approx every 20 min; the journey lasts 40 minutes. A friendly and very helpful tour guide will accompany you throughout however you may depart the city whenever you prefer.
- Guided bike ride to the castle with English speaking guide
- Quality 24-gear bicycle rental and insurance or electric bike
- Water bottle on the bike
- Helmets, baskets and bungee cords
- Free city map and storage of your belongings at Praha Bike office
- Return ticket to Prague by train
- Rain poncho
- Lunch and drinks
- Hotel pick-up
- Karlstejn Castle interiors entrance fees
- 55-minute guided tour of the castle interior: adults. 270Kc; children, students and seniors, 180Kc
- Children three-to-ten years old: reduced
- Children two years old and under: free
Dlouhá 737/21, Staré Město, 110 00 Praha-Praha 1, Czechia
- Praha Bike office at 24 Dlouha Street
- The tour ends at 38 Narodni Street
- This tour is in English, but may be available in other languages upon request
- There is a two passenger minimum requirement and the tour is subject to cancellation if this minimum is not met
- In the unlikely event of such a cancellation, a refund will be provided or an alternative will be offered
- Cancellations made within 48 hours of the service date will be charged in full; more than 48 hours notice is fully refundable
- Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday: 9.30am
- Available: 15 April - 1 November
You will visit several famous synagogues: the 13th century Old-New Synagogue, the oldest synagogue n...
After a long day exploring the sights, unwind the way the locals do with their favorite drink. Taste...
Your knowledgeable guide will explain what Operation Anthropoid was and who were the key players inv...
Waiting in line to visit a clock is a paradox of wasted time folding in upon itself. Of course, when...
Explore the shadowy mysterious world of medieval Prague on a ghostly evening tour. Walk through myst...
Taste some legendary Czech Republic beers on a combined 3-hour bar tour with dinner. Visit two Pragu...