Karlovy Vary and Marianske Spa day trip from Prague
- Discover the Czech Republic's best known spa and springs
- Take a walk along the Tepla River
- Visit the Moser glass factory museum in Karlovy Vary
- See Mariánské Lázne and its famous cross spring
This day trip from Prague combines a tour of Karlovy Vary with a visit to Marianske Lazne, another Czech spa.
The founding of Karlovy Vary, the most well known Czech spa, has been traced back to 1358, when Emperor Charles IV built a hunting lodge. There are 12 famous springs with a temperature of about 72°C, the most famous being Vrídlo. During your walk along the Tepla River (its name means "warm") and the majestic Neo-Renaissance colonnades, you will have a chance to taste different mineral waters and purchase souvenirs.
Karlovy Vary is also famous for its local china and glass manufacturing industry. These products are on display at a special exhibition and are sold at specialized shops. The spa was visited by many rulers and artists including Goethe, Chateaubriand, Chopin, Beethoven, Brahms and Dvorak. After lunch, you will visit the Moser glass factory museum and glass shop as well as the Thun porcelain shop. Next, you will go to the famous Marianske Lazne known for its curative springs. The program includes a tour of the spa area with its unique historical architecture, a sampling of the spa waters from the famous Cross Spring, and a visit to the ancient colonnades.
- Tour of the spa area at Marianske Lazne
- Admission to the Moser Glass Factory Museum
- Pick up
- Tour guide
- Children three-to-ten years old: reduced
- Children two years old and under: free
Národní 38, 110 00 Praha
Tour departs from the Gray Line office in 38 Narodni St, Prague 1 or you will get picked up from your hotel
- This tour is available in English, German, Russian, French, Spanish and Italian
- Cancellations made within two hours of service date will be charged in full; more than two hours notice is fully refundable
- Due to the pedestrian zone no pickup from hotels in the following streets possible: Vladislavova, Václavské námestí, Jungmanova, Spálená, Národní trída, Perlová, Rytirská, 28.ríjna, V kotcích, Havelská, Skorepka, Konviktská, Bartolomejská, Karolíny Svetlé, Jilská, Ostrovní, Karlova, Melnatrichova, V jirchárích, Husova
- For those not using Hotel Pick-up, please meet at Narodni Trida 38, Prague 1
- Please indicate the language of your choice
- Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday: 9.00am
On this day trip from Prague, you’ll visit the fabulous city of Cesky Krumlov with a castle visit.Cz...
Karlovy Vary is probably the best known spa town in the Czech Republic. Its history begins in the 14...
Anyone who is interested in seeing the gorgeous scenery of ?eské St?edoho?í (Central Bohemian Upland...
The Prague Card gives you free admission to over 50 attractions listed in the Prague Card Guide. To ...
Your Prague card will save you time and money when you visit the city. Enjoy entry to many attractio...
As dusk falls and the crowds thin, your guide will take you through the heart of Old Town, across th...
This convenient skip-the-line opportunity allows you to avoid the long lines to buy admission ticket...
During your day trip from Prague, you'll tour the historically rich and picturesque town of Cesky Kr...
Start your 2.5-hour guided tour at the Charles Bridge, where your guide will provide a short overvie...
Experience an enchanting 3-hour cruise through Prague by night and enjoy a delicious buffet-style di...