- Discover the beautiful and picturesque Seljalandsfoss waterfall
- Put your boots on and go on a hike on Sólheimajökull glacier
- Take great pictures of Reynisdrangar rock pillars and Skógafoss
If you dream of exploring the wild landscape of the Icelandic southern coast away from Reykjavik, hop on a bus and join this one of a kind excursion to Skógafoss waterfall. Leaving Reykjavik behind, this tour takes you to the south of Iceland, traveling through lush farmlands with views of powerful volcanoes and glaciers and thundering waterfalls.
The first stop is at Skógarfoss, the most iconic and picturesque waterfall in Iceland. Viking legends tell of a treasure buried in a cave behind the waterfall.
The tour continues with an easy hike on the ancient ice of Sólheimajökull glacier with a knowledgeable and certified glacier guide. Combination of expansive views, jagged peaks, cool blue glaciers and wide-open sky provide a steady stream of amazing photographic opportunities.
Offshore you will see Reynisdrangar pillars, basalt rock stacks that rise from the sea. An Icelandic legend says they were trolls turned into rock by the rising sun when they came home late after a fishing trip.
The tour also stops at Seljalandsfoss waterfall, where you will be able to walk behind this magnificent wall of water that has its origins in the glacier of Eyjafjallajökull volcano. On a clear day, you will have a fantastic view of famous volcanoes Hekla and Eyjafjallajökull. You will also see the Westman Islands, rising steeply from the ocean just a few kilometers of the coast.
This tour is a great value, and easy with an adventurous twist.
- Complimentary pick up and drop off for hotels and guest houses in Reykjavik
- Round trip transportation
- Professional tour guide
- One hour glacier walking tour on Sólheimajökull glacier
- Certified glacier guides
- Specialized glacier gear (climbing harness, glacier crampons, helmet and other safety equipment)
- Children 9 years and under: free (cannot participate in glacier hike)
- Teenagers from 10 to 17 years of age: reduced
Holtagarðar, Holtavegur 10, 104 Reykjavik, Iceland
The tour departs from the Gray Line Bus Terminal in Holtagarðar. The best option to get there is simply to take advantage of the complimentary hotel pick up service. To book your pick up, please contact Gray Line Iceland directly. Alternatively, you can make your own way there.
- Bring with you warm outdoor clothing, waterproof jacket and pants, headwear and gloves and preferably proper hiking boots
- You can also rent sturdy hiking shoes if you wish, waterproof jacket and pants as an extra with this tour (please contact Gray Line Iceland for more information)
- Minimum age for glacier hiking is 10 years
- Iceland Excursions – Gray Line Iceland reserves the right to alter the itinerary if weather conditions change and the glacier walk is canceled. If this cancellation occurs, a visit to the Skogar museum and Vik village is offered
- Returning from your tour you will be dropped off at the hotel or guest house you were collected from or at the closest possible point
- Every day at 9.00am
- Pick up from hotels and guest houses begins 30 minutes before the tour departure time stated on your voucher. To help to ensure the quickest possible collection we kindly ask you to wait in front of your hotel or guest house
- Those not taking advantage of the pick-up, please arrive at the meeting point at least 15 minutes prior to the tour departure time
Durante la visita in Islanda, non perdere un tour del famoso percorso del Golden Circle e le sue att...
Il Golden Circle è un percorso popolare che passa da una serie di siti più notevoli e diversi nel su...
Glacier Lagoon è una delle meraviglie naturali più sorprendenti dell'Islanda. In questo tour vivrai ...
This tour is perfect if you aren't an early-bird or had some plans in the morning! Visit the pearls ...
Questo tour Landmannalaugar ti porterà fino a Landmannalaugar, spesso definito "La Perla degli Altop...
Oltrepassa il bordo meridionale del maestoso ghiacciaio Vatnajökull a metà strada tra Reykjavik e la...
Esplora le magnifiche cascate di Skógafoss e Seljalandsfoss e vola attraverso campi di sabbia nera l...
Visita il parco nazionale di Þingvellir e rilassati nei bagni naturali geotermici del Laugarvatn Fon...
Il Golden Circle Direct ti mostra tutti i luoghi della famosa rotta del Golden Circle. Il tour in au...
Experience the wide range of Icelandic natural beauty in the wonderful Snæfellsnes Peninsula.This to...