- Take part in this pleasant 3 to 5 hour hunt to spot the Northern Lights
- Don't miss this chance to see the amazing dance of the Aurora
- Listen to your guide's anecdote and stories about the dancing lights
- Enjoy this relaxing tour far from the city and dive into the wilderness
Have you ever wanted to spot one of those amazing dancing lights in the sky, the famous Aurora Borealis? If you're traveling to Iceland, be sure to go on a Northern Light hunt! Join this tour for a mysterious trip on a dark winter night. The season for Northern Lights in Iceland extends from the tail end of the summer in September through winter and well into April. The best time to see Northern Lights is in the middle of winter when the weather is the coldest and when it is the darkest. Crisp cold evenings with skies clear enough to see stars is a prime indicator for one of nature’s most spectacular displays - the Northern Lights.
Far from the glow of the city, we hunt for the elusive Aurora Borealis in a comfortable van or coach. Together with your expert guide, you will search for these magnificent auroras. On a clear night, you may be lucky enough to see the Northern Lights swirling in a wild and carefree dance across the sky in dramatic shapes, colors, patterns and sizes. Viewing conditions depend on many factors including geography, weather, the time of day and many more. Before the tour starts, your guide always checks the weather forecast around the southwestern part of Iceland. From experience, he will decide where each journey will lead you for the best possibilities to see the Northern Lights. Don't miss this once in a lifetime opportunity!
- Northern Lights tour
- Complimentary pick up and drop off at hotels and guest houses in Reykjavik
- Round trip transportation
- Professional tour guide
- Children 11 years and under: free
- Youth 12-17 years of age: reduced
Holtagarðar, Holtavegur 10, 104 Reykjavik, Iceland
The tour departs from the Gray Line Bus Terminal in Holtagarðar. The best option to get there is simply to take advantage of the complimentary hotel pick up service by contacting Gray Line Iceland to let them know exactly where you are staying. Alternatively, you can make your own way to the meeting point. Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the tour departure time and introduce yourself at the sales desk for check-in.
- Please note that sightings cannot be guaranteed
- If you don’t see the Northern Lights on your tour, you will be offered another tour free of charge
- A decision is taken daily at 6.00pm whether the tour will take place or not. All hotels and booking agents in Reykjavik are informed by email about the decision so please contact the front desk of your hotel or the tour desk or Gray Line's sales office to find out
- Returning from your tour you will be dropped off at the hotel or guest house you were collected from or at the closest possible point
- Tour is available also in
- Spanish on Fridays and Sundays
- Mandarin on Thursdays and Saturdays
- Operating times depend on the season. Please check the calendar for more details
- Pick-up starts 30 minutes before the tour starting time
- Those not taking advantage of the pick-up should arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before tour starting time
Als u IJsland bezoekt, mag u de tour van de beroemde Gouden Cirkelroute en de natuurlijke en histori...
Deze Landmannalaugar-tour neemt je mee naar Landmannalaugar, vaak aangeduid als "De Parel van de Cen...
Langs de zuidelijke rand van de machtige Vatnajökull-gletsjer ongeveer halverwege tussen Reykjavik e...
De Gouden Cirkel is een populaire route die langs een reeks van de meest opmerkelijke en diverse loc...
This tour is perfect if you aren't an early-bird or had some plans in the morning! Visit the pearls ...
Bezoek het nationale park Þingvellir en ontspan in de natuurlijke geothermische baden van Laugarvatn...
Tijdens deze tour ervaar je de opmerkelijke en gevarieerde locaties in het zuidwesten van IJsland. B...
Experience the wide range of Icelandic natural beauty in the wonderful Snæfellsnes Peninsula.This to...
Tijdens deze tour verken je de hoogtepunten van IJsland op de Golden Circle en kun je genieten van h...
Your Icelandic adventure starts with a dog ride. Meet the dogs and listen to stories from the trail,...