Northern Lights mystery tour from Reykjavik
- Take part in this pleasant 3 to 5 hour hunt to spot the Northern Lights
- Don't miss this chance to see the amazing dance of the Aurora
- Listen to your guide's anecdote and stories about the dancing lights
- Enjoy this relaxing tour far from the city and dive into the wilderness
Have you ever wanted to spot one of those amazing dancing lights in the sky, the famous Aurora Borealis? If you're traveling to Iceland, be sure to go on a Northern Light hunt! Join this tour for a mysterious trip on a dark winter night. The season for Northern Lights in Iceland extends from the tail end of the summer in September through winter and well into April. The best time to see Northern Lights is in the middle of winter when the weather is the coldest and when it is the darkest. Crisp cold evenings with skies clear enough to see stars is a prime indicator for one of nature’s most spectacular displays - the Northern Lights.
Far from the glow of the city, we hunt for the elusive Aurora Borealis in a comfortable van or coach. Together with your expert guide, you will search for these magnificent auroras. On a clear night, you may be lucky enough to see the Northern Lights swirling in a wild and carefree dance across the sky in dramatic shapes, colors, patterns and sizes. Viewing conditions depend on many factors including geography, weather, the time of day and many more. Before the tour starts, your guide always checks the weather forecast around the southwestern part of Iceland. From experience, he will decide where each journey will lead you for the best possibilities to see the Northern Lights. Don't miss this once in a lifetime opportunity!
- Northern Lights tour
- Complimentary pick up and drop off at hotels and guest houses in Reykjavik
- Round trip transportation
- Professional tour guide
- Children 11 years and under: free
- Youth 12-17 years of age: reduced
Skarfagarðar 8, 104, Reykjavík, Iceland
The tour departs from the Gray Line Bus Terminal in Skarfabakki. The best option to get there is simply to take advantage of the complimentary hotel pick up service by contacting Gray Line Iceland to let them know exactly where you are staying. Alternatively, you can make your own way to the meeting point. Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the tour departure time and introduce yourself at the sales desk for check-in.
- Please note that sightings cannot be guaranteed
- If you don’t see the Northern Lights on your tour, you will be offered another tour free of charge
- A decision is taken daily at 6.00pm whether the tour will take place or not. All hotels and booking agents in Reykjavik are informed by email about the decision so please contact the front desk of your hotel or the tour desk or Gray Line's sales office to find out
- Returning from your tour you will be dropped off at the hotel or guest house you were collected from or at the closest possible point
- Tour is available also in
- Spanish on Fridays and Sundays
- Mandarin on Thursdays and Saturdays
- Operating times depend on the season. Please check the calendar for more details
- Pick-up starts 30 minutes before the tour starting time
- Those not taking advantage of the pick-up should arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before tour starting time
While visiting Iceland, don't miss a tour of the famous Golden Circle route and its natural and hist...
You will pass the southern edge of the mighty Vatnajökull Glacier roughly midway between Reykjavik a...
The Golden Circle is a popular route that passes by a series of the most remarkable and diverse site...
Visit Þingvellir National Park and relax by the natural geothermal baths at Laugarvatn Fontana Spa t...
This tour is perfect if you aren't an early-bird or had some plans in the morning! Visit the pearls ...
Get up close to a glacier, two waterfalls and walk on a black sand beach. Experience Iceland’s magni...
This tour takes you to the most beautiful places at the south coast of Iceland. See the unforgettabl...
On this tour you will experience the remarkable and diverse sites in the Southwest of Iceland. Start...
Glacier Lagoon is one of the most amazing natural wonders of Iceland. In this tour you’ll experience...
This fun tour combines a ride on an ATV quad bike and the popular Golden Circle round trip. Start yo...