- Learn stories behind the monuments of Rome on a leisurely walking tour
- Discover relics of the Colosseum, the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
- Travel back in time, embraced by 360 degrees of jaw dropping Roman architecture
Walk in the footsteps of giants on this guided tour through the heart of the Roman Empire and learn the history behind it all, from the minute to the magnificent.
Pause to contemplate the genius that took the Colosseum from concept to reality in 70/80 AD, centuries before the advent of modern engineering. Once the most famous meeting place in the world, the amphitheater is estimated to have once held 50,000/80,000 spectators. Your Gray Line pass will allow you to skip hours of long lines to enter the Colosseum directly.
Once inside, breathe in the bloody past of the edifice, brought to life again by your passionate, expert guide. Standing for nearly two millennia, the structure has been a symbol of both glory and scorn, serving vastly different purposes over the course of history. Just outside, you'll see the magnificent Arch of Constantine.
Continuing the walking tour, discover the excavated ruins of the Roman Forum archaeological site, where many structures remain intact to this day. For a city founded in 753 BC, this is no small feat.
Continue exploring the breathtaking Palatine Hill, ending your tour with a deeper connection to the history of Rome and a strong foundation of knowledge. On the Palatine Romulus and Remus were found by a she-wolf that kept them alive; this is how Rome received its name - from Romulus, the legend has it. On the other hand Rome might derive its name by the Etruscan word Rhumon for river. We will never know. What we know is that Rome has gained in popularity over that last 2,000 years and has now proven that the nickname of Eternal City fits it just perfectly.
At the end, you'll have time to continue exploring the area on your own or return to your hotel.
- Tickets to the Colosseum and the archaeological area
- Professional guided walking tour
- Wireless audio headsets
- Pick-up from centrally located hotels (for pick-up upgrade option)
- Food or beverages
- Optional gratuities
- Infant (0-2): free
- Child (3-7): reduced
Arch of Constantine
Via di San Gregorio, 00186 Roma
Tour without pick-up: the meeting point is by the Arch of Constantine, please be there no later than 15 minutes before the tour starts. Tour with pick-up: please call the number you can find on your voucher 24 hours before the tour starts to receive your pick-up time. Please be ready in your hotel lobby 10 minutes prior to assigned pick-up time.
- For departures at 2:00 pm the meeting time is at 1:30 pm.
- Pick-up service is provided from centrally located hotels.
- Due to heightened security measures, you may experience delays in clearing security checks when entering the venue.
- The archaeological area involves walking on medium-hard floors, please wear comfortable shoes and be ready for rain or shine. The areas are not wheelchair accessible and not suitable for individuals who have difficulty walking.
- This tour ends in the Colosseum vicinity.
Every day at 9.30 am, 2.30 pm
Buy your Colosseum skip-the-line tickets with a dedicated entrance, at the selected time. Meet your ...
The Vatican has so many treasures and can be overwhelming. We want you to experience it in the best ...
What makes this Colosseum Arena Floor tour one of the best Colosseum tours in Rome?This private guid...
Benefit from skip-the-line access to some of the Vatican's top attractions on this 3-hour guided tou...
Discover the masterpieces of Rome on this tour of the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter'...
This tour will take you underground, exploring the insolit part of history of Rome, up to the core o...
A 2.5-hour tour for those who want to experience the treasures of Rome off the beaten path. You will...
Enjoy a private tour and visit two of the best examples of the stratifications of Rome and the rise ...
Photograph a portrait of Rome at night! You will photograph the outstanding beauty and mystery of th...
The Roman Holiday Tour departs from Piazza del Popolo, one of the most famous piazzas in Rome, in th...