Colosseum skip-the-line walking tour with Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
- Learn stories behind the monuments of Rome on a leisurely walking tour
- Discover relics of the Colosseum, the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
- Travel back in time, embraced by 360 degrees of jaw dropping Roman architecture
Walk in the footsteps of giants on this guided tour through the heart of the Roman Empire and learn the history behind it all, from the minute to the magnificent.
Pause to contemplate the genius that took the Colosseum from concept to reality in 70/80 AD, centuries before the advent of modern engineering. Once the most famous meeting place in the world, the amphitheater is estimated to have once held 50,000/80,000 spectators. Your Gray Line pass will allow you to skip hours of long lines to enter the Colosseum directly.
Once inside, breathe in the bloody past of the edifice, brought to life again by your passionate, expert guide. Standing for nearly two millennia, the structure has been a symbol of both glory and scorn, serving vastly different purposes over the course of history. Just outside, you'll see the magnificent Arch of Constantine.
Continuing the walking tour, discover the excavated ruins of the Roman Forum archaeological site, where many structures remain intact to this day. For a city founded in 753 BC, this is no small feat.
Continue exploring the breathtaking Palatine Hill, ending your tour with a deeper connection to the history of Rome and a strong foundation of knowledge. On the Palatine Romulus and Remus were found by a she-wolf that kept them alive; this is how Rome received its name - from Romulus, the legend has it. On the other hand Rome might derive its name by the Etruscan word Rhumon for river. We will never know. What we know is that Rome has gained in popularity over that last 2,000 years and has now proven that the nickname of Eternal City fits it just perfectly.
At the end, you'll have time to continue exploring the area on your own or return to your hotel.
- Tickets to the Colosseum and the archaeological area
- Professional guided walking tour
- Wireless audio headsets
- Pick-up from centrally located hotels (for pick-up upgrade option)
- Food or beverages
- Optional gratuities
- Infant (0-2): free
- Child (3-7): reduced
Arch of Constantine
Via di San Gregorio, 00186 Roma
Tour without pick-up: the meeting point is by the Arch of Constantine, please be there no later than 15 minutes before the tour starts. Tour with pick-up: please call the number you can find on your voucher 24 hours before the tour starts to receive your pick-up time. Please be ready in your hotel lobby 10 minutes prior to assigned pick-up time.
- For departures at 2:00 pm the meeting time is at 1:30 pm. Please note that from the 28th of October the afternoon tours will start at 2.30 pm. The meeting time will become 2.15 pm.
- Pick-up service is provided from centrally located hotels.
- Due to heightened security measures, you may experience delays in clearing security checks when entering the venue.
- Due to shorter daylight, from the 28th of October, during the afternoon tours, the visit to the Palatine Hill will be replaced with an external explanation from the Capitoline Hill
- The archaeological area involves walking on medium-hard floors, please wear comfortable shoes and be ready for rain or shine. The areas are not wheelchair accessible and not suitable for individuals who have difficulty walking.
- This tour ends in the Colosseum vicinity.
Every day at 9.30 am, 2.00 pm.
Please note that from the 28th of October the afternoon tours will start at 2.30 pm.
Meet your guide and start your journey through the centuries. Walk past the often-long lines with yo...
See the best sites and taste the best foods of the Eternal City with a bike tour! You'll ride across...
A 2.5-hour tour for those who want to experience the treasures of Rome off the beaten path. You will...
The Appian Way is a Roman road that has been built up more than 2000 years ago. Riding an electric b...
Why walk slowly through the historical center of Rome when you can zip through on a guided bike tour...
Rome is so fascinating that it deserves the name "the Eternal City"! Discover the reason for this na...
This tour begins at the Spanish steps, next the Barcaccia fountain in the middle of the Square, from...
Enjoy a relaxing panoramic tour of Rome by motor coach and discover the magical charm of the most fa...
This tour allows you to enjoy an infinite number of masterpieces like Michelangelo's "Pietà" and "La...
This museum of antique artifacts and sculptures has a very peculiar mixture of past and present. The...