Travel back in time to the age of Popes and great artists, dangerous streets and struggle to discover Caravaggio's Rome! Learn about Michelangelo Merisi through his art, controversial lifestyle and destiny. Get involved in a unique, passionate performance about history and legends while tasting some of the wines that riches, clergy and the common people used to drink in 17th-century Rome. Admiring faithful reproductions on canvas, you’ll be transported into the world of Caravaggio to find out more about his life, the importance of food for him, his personal and intimate mood.
Excursions & day trips
Food and wine tasting in Rome with Caravaggio experience
Language: English , Italian
Availability: On selected dates
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: up to 2 hours
Safety measures applied
Do this because
- Take a break from the crowded touristy Rome enjoining a guided wine tasting
- Find out more about Caravaggio in a very personal and engaging way
- Mix your love for wines and art to learn more about Rome in the 17th century
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- Friendly guide
- Tasting of 3 wines
- Performance about Caravaggio
- Caravaggio’s map
What's not included
- Personal shopping
- Additional food
- Hotel pick up and drop-off
Piazza Navona, 2, 00186 Rome RM, Italy
Inside the hall of Palazzo Braschi.
What to remember
- Drinking age is 18 years old. People under 18 aren't allowed on this tour
- The minimum number of participants for the tour in Italian is 2
- This experience isn't wheelchairs accessible
- The tour operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Appetizers will include bruschetta, salami, cheeses, seasonal vegetables and Italian biscotti
- From Monday to Saturday at 12.00pm and 7.00pm
- Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 48 hours before the activity begins.