Small group Vatican & Sistine Chapel tour on Friday evening
- Have a 2.5-hour evening tour of the Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel without the crowds
- Avoid the sweltering daytime heat during the summer as the tour will start late in the evening
- Join an exclusive and unique experience during these special opening hours only available between May and October
The Friday Evening Vatican Tour is an inspirational tour for people who love art, music and history. You will see the highlights of the museums and the remarkable Sistine Chapel in its entirety. It is your guide's absolute favorite, so let him take you on what is called “journey of fantasy.”
Enjoy a small group tour and admire the masterpieces of the Vatican Museums in a quiet and relaxing atmosphere. This tour is an extended one, so you will see much more than the usual, for example the Raphael Rooms (“stanze di Raffaello”), famous for its frescoes painted by Raphael and his workshop, and the Sobieski Room. You will listen to your tour guide’s explanation of the Sistine Chapel, while enjoying a live orchestra playing soothing classical music in the background described as an amazing “concert of colors.”
The last part of the tour is the beautifully illuminated Sistine Chapel. This “natural” form of light imitates the one that Michelangelo had when he was painting his most famous masterpieces, such as Adam’s Creation and the Last Judgment. After exiting the chapel, the tour will end just outside the Vatican. It is recommended you go for a pleasant stroll down to St. Peter’s Square in order to capture the evening scenery and take some panoramic pictures of St. Peter’s Basilica and see the Vatican residences lit up at night
- Skip-the-line tickets
- Expert guide accredited by the Vatican
- St. Peter's Basilica
- Children between 6 and 18 years old: reduced price
- Student between 19 and 25: reduced price. A valid student ID is required and must be under 26 years old (exclusive only for students)
Via Germanico, 160, 00192 Roma RM, Італія
This tour will start from the local tour operator office. Please make sure that you check-in at least 15 minutes prior to the departure time. If you come by metro, take the A line and get off at Ottaviano. Walk down via Ottaviano (direction St. Peter's Square) and take the second to your right. The office is located just 2 minutes away from the museums entrances.
- The guided visit of the Vatican Museums is about 2.5 hours.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Student ID is required and you must be under 26 years of age to qualify for the student rate
- You will receive confirmation at the time of booking
- A dress code is enforced for entering places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops are allowed. Knees and shoulders must be covered (both men and women). You risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Departure time: 7pm
- Meeting time: 15 minutes before departure time
Enter the incredible mind of Leonardo da Vinci, a leading artist and intellectual of the Italian Ren...
Make the most of your tour of the Vatican Museums with a special visit to the Bramante Staircase, wh...
Take part in a virtual visit using special 3D viewers combined with a multilingual audio guide and r...
You’ll meet your guide and group near the entrance to the Colosseum; the extraordinary amphitheater ...
The most memorable, fun, and hands-on way to spend an evening, our Rome pasta-making class gives you...
Soak in the newly-opened and exclusive areas of the Colosseum with a small group and expert guide th...