Come to see and taste the best that North Beach has to offer on a one-of-a-kind North Beach Food Tour! This 3-hour walking tour gets you off of the main drag and into the beautiful side streets of North Beach and the Barbary Coast, offering the opportunity to discover unexpected shops, sites and bites.
As you stroll from block to block, you'll stop for tastings at five of the following places: (subject to change)
- Molinari Delicatessen: Pope John Paul II was presented with a Molinari salami from 8-year-old Joey (est. 1896)
- Peña Pachamama: Historic site of a former speakeasy, serving up organic Bolivian fare
- Golden Boy Pizza: Peter Sodini's vision of the perfect pizza (est. 1978)
- Original U.S. Restaurant: A fixture of the North Beach Italian community featuring homemade Italian specialties (est. c. 1890)
- XOX Truffles: Chef Jean-Marc Gorce offers you the finest handmade truffles (est. 1997)
- A. Cavalli & Co.: At the forefront of Italian culture in America for over 130 years (est. 1880)
In between tastings, your guide will indicate interesting architecture, beautiful parks and notable landmarks, all while providing a glimpse into the neighborhood culture and how the locals have shaped the area's cuisine. The North Beach Food Tour is great for locals and tourists alike. The guides take pride in showcasing great local artisans that remain hidden to most, as well as the unique history, culture and architecture that led the American Planning Association (APA) to rate North Beach as one of the ten "Great Neighborhoods in America!"